VISTA (64bit) + PVR 150 = channels mixed up? (1 Viewer)

.Johnny

Portal Member
January 3, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi,

I'm running Vista Business 64bit as well as windows xp pro 32 bit.

In vista, all my channels are messed up. If I download the channel setup for my region, some of the channels are not tuned at all, or tuned to the wrong channel (e.g. rai uno at the place where nickleodeon should be). I see this already in the mediaportal settings wizard at first run.
I've also copied the mediaportal directory from XP to Vista, and that gives EXACTLY the same result. btw: all channels are working fine in XP.

So here's a gues: either the Vista driver (comes from microsoft) for the PVR150 doesn't quite well tune to the correct channels, or MP doesn't know how to correctly communicate with the vista driver.

So my question:
-if you have a PVR150 in vista; how is this working out for you with MP?
-if you don't: any hints of what I should check?

thanks!

.Johnny

Portal Member
January 3, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Well, by simply using the wizard you get in the beginning and setting it to scan for the channels, it somehow got the channels that were not working before to work again :confused: leaves me flabbergasted.

other issue encountered with vista:
If I run with UAC (user account control) disabled, I can't view TV (something about graph not working)

One question left: where is the order of the channels stored? I've copied my mediaportal dir from my XP install, but the order of the channels is still default. I don't really want to go over the renaming and reordering again, so any clues? i've searched a lot of the XML files, but making a change in the config of mediaportal doesn't set the changed date of any of the files. thats not too good :(

.Johnny

Portal Member
January 3, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
don't know, I don't use them. To be honest, I only use MP for TV watching with the tv guide and all. For everything else, I think the interface is a little too slow if you have a mouse and keyboard attached to your machine. but thats a different discussion :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom