Vista View DA-1N1-E - No Channels Found During Scan (1 Viewer)

ghostee

Portal Member
February 7, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
UPDATE: See post #3. Built in TV-Engine in 0.2.3 will scan and find channels, but TV Server will not!

TV-Server Version: 1.00
MediaPortal Version: 1.00
MediaPortal Skin: Default
Windows Version: Vista SP1 TV PACK 2008
CPU Type: AMD X2 2.4ghz
HDD: 500gb Samsung SATA
Memory: 2gb DDR2-800
Motherboard: Gigabyte
Video Card: Onboard - ATI X1250
Video Card Driver: ATI Drivers, latest version
Sound Card: Onboard
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Saber Vista View DA-1N1-E
1. TV Card Type: 1 Analog Tuner, 1 ATSC/QAM Tuner, non-hybrid, PCI-E
1. TV Card Driver: 6.2.100.12
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: Default
MPEG2 Audio Codec: Default
h.264 Video Codec: Default
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Comcast
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

Hello,

I've been running MP for a long time now without issue. I received a Saber Vista View TV Tuner Card (DA-1N1-E) today, and am having a lot of trouble getting it working with TV Server.

I first tried to upgrade from MP RC4 to 1.00, and had it install TV Server support. I ran into issues, and decided to install Vista fresh on a second hard drive, along with TV Pack 2008 and SP1. I installed the latest drivers for everything (Video Card, Tuner, etc). I installed MP 1.00 with TV Server. I am having the same issues.

When I run the TV Server configuration, my tuner seems to be detected fine, as it is listed. There are 2 seperate non-hybrid tuners on the card, and both are listed. I have cable hooked to only the analog tuner for now. I try to scan for channels on the analog tuner, and in the status window I see "Channel: 1 Source: Cable" or something like that, and it sits there and never progresses.

The tuner works fine in Media Center.

I'm attaching the logs from the TV Server. Anyone have any advice on getting this working? I can provide more info if needed, just let me know what.

Also, it also seems to get held up at the same point:

2008-12-25 21:52:42.449821 [Analog TV scan thread]: Min channel = 1. Max channel = 158
2008-12-25 21:52:42.465421 [14]: analog: Tune:tv: Freq:0 Channel:1 Country:United States Tuner:Cable Video:Tuner
2008-12-25 21:52:42.465421 [14]: analog subch:0 OnBeforeTune
2008-12-25 21:53:54.506221 [19]: Controller: epg start

I'm not sure what epg start is. I've tried disabling epg data for the ATSC tuner on this card (there's no option to disable it for the analog tuner) which didn't help.

ghostee

Portal Member
February 7, 2008
Home Country
Update

Update: I tried installing an old version of MP (0.2.3) to see if the built-in TV engine worked. The card was detected, I was able to scan (and find) channels, and view TV. The picture looked awful, but it was working.

I also noticed that my Vista Media Center's picture was fine until I loaded up MP. After that, VMC's picture looked the same as MP's with the white/gray haze over everything. To fix it, I had to restart. I'm thinking maybe this is a codec issue?

A picture of the TV working on 0.2.3 is attached.

Also, I've been re-reading the logs. It looks like the graph is being built successfully. How can I verify the graph is being built CORRECTLY?

Is there a config file somewhere to define how the graph for this card is built that I could look at?

ghostee

Portal Member
February 7, 2008
Home Country
Nevermind. I bought a HVR-2250 to use instead and am RMA'ing the Vista View. Looks like this card is just not compatible out of the box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom