Vizio VUR10 - QWERTY Bluetooth/IR Remote (1 Viewer)

thattexaskid19

Portal Pro
January 5, 2010
Just wanted to show off my new toy... just got her in the mail today.

remote_2.jpg

It is linked up to my computer now as a Generic Bluetooth Keyboard. It slides open to reveal the QWERTY keypad / keyboard -this part works only via bluetooth (not IR). The front of the device works via IR (havent tested whether it works via Bluetooth or not yet, I imagine not tho) but that's okay because I have an IR receiver working with IRSS.

Overall, I give the product a 9/10 because the build quality isn't quite where it should be: it is kind of flimsy, but I think I would really struggle to accidentally break it. Dropping it certainly wouldnt do it. Otherwise, functionally the remote is a perfect 10/10! Now if only I could get rid of this silly vizio logo (I have a Samsung TV...)

Any questions let me know! I have no idea where you can pick one of these up, I just got lucky on eBay one day.

EDIT: just found out, once I paired it to my computer, the IR completely stopped working. The front of the remote does not send out IR signals now, so I can't imagine it would be doing anything other than sending Bluetooth signals out now instead... We'll see soon. Anybody know of a program which allows a command to be run based on Bluetooth input?

EDIT2: eventghost was the program i was looking for... except i cant get it to detect any events from the remote! i dont think im doing it right tho... not quite sure how to use it.

erockg

April 7, 2010
How did you pair the VUR10 with a computer? I have tried several times and the remote doesn't seem to be transmitting the code back to the laptop to confirm pairing.

thattexaskid19

Portal Pro
January 5, 2010
How did you pair the VUR10 with a computer? I have tried several times and the remote doesn't seem to be transmitting the code back to the laptop to confirm pairing.

theres two ways ive found so far.

1) hold the green colored button and the record button for about 5 seconds together (both buttons on the front of the remote). should pop up on the screen.

OR

2) on the pull out keyboard, hold Q, P, and SPACE for about the same time or until it pops up.

****Keep in mind tho, that once you pair it with the computer via bluetooth, all its IR functions stop working. :(
--to go back, you can reset the remote with the Q,P, SPACE combo.

hope that helps, lemme know if you can figure out how to receive the bluetooth commands from the remote.... once paired, all i can get are the buttons from the pull out keyboard (because it is detected as a bluetooth HID keyboard)..

erockg

April 7, 2010
I got it paired with the Q/P/Space combo. Thanks! Admittedly, though, I had the same issue. Once paired with the computer, the remote would not operate the television, which is a 47" Vizio LCD that the remote shipped with. The TV connects to the remote via bluetooth, so its not just IR that no longer works once the VUR10 is paired with a computer. Once I unpaired the computer, I had to pair the remote with the TV all over again. I was hoping not to buy a wireless keyboard for my Windows Media Center laptop and use the VUR10 while the laptop sat behind the TV with the lid closed. Doesn't look like that is going to be possible. Logitech makes a keyboard with a touchpad mouse that I may check out.

thattexaskid19

Portal Pro
January 5, 2010
I got it paired with the Q/P/Space combo. Thanks! Admittedly, though, I had the same issue. Once paired with the computer, the remote would not operate the television, which is a 47" Vizio LCD that the remote shipped with. The TV connects to the remote via bluetooth, so its not just IR that no longer works once the VUR10 is paired with a computer. Once I unpaired the computer, I had to pair the remote with the TV all over again. I was hoping not to buy a wireless keyboard for my Windows Media Center laptop and use the VUR10 while the laptop sat behind the TV with the lid closed. Doesn't look like that is going to be possible. Logitech makes a keyboard with a touchpad mouse that I may check out.

haha yeah you cant honestly expect the remote to work with the computer AND the TV at the same time... you have to pick one (otherwise one button would be doing two different things at once... not good).

im sure theres a way to use all the buttons on the remote once its paired with bluetooth on the computer, i just havent found it yet. all i know right now is that the keyboard buttons on the inside wont work unless its paired with bluetooth. so IR is definitely out for me, gotta figure out how to use the whole remote with bluetooth now..... :/

thattexaskid19

Portal Pro
January 5, 2010
UPDATE!

got it working with eventghost. i can upload my settings if people would like. I have it IR blasting those components which require IR signals, and everything is done via bluetooth.

---only one (new) problem remains: the remote tends to 'go to sleep' if you dont use it for about 45 seconds. to wake it up, you obviously have to push some buttons. but it takes about 5-10 seconds after those button pushes for it to actually 'wake up'. ONLY THEN will it start sending info over bluetooth to the computer.

erockg -does this happen to you with the TV? is there any noticeable wake up lag?

thattexaskid19

Portal Pro
January 5, 2010
frustrated with the remote so its going back up for sale. going to be 40 plus shipping (probably ~3 bucks) to whoever would like it!
--it will be on ebay soon, just thought id give everyone here the first shot at it!

i have no idea where else you could buy this remote, as far as i can tell you have to buy a 2000 dollar TV to get one. these dont come by very often so dont wait!

jimbob951

April 21, 2010
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hey I just got the Visio 42" XVT but without the remote! Do you still have the remote for sale?

Dpry3580

July 4, 2010
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Ive got the keyboard remote with an LED LCD 55 Vizio. It's not the apps model, and didn't come with the remote obviously. I thought I could just pop in bateries and it'd work. Its not doing any thing. Any suggestions? PLEASE!

thattexaskid19

Portal Pro
January 5, 2010
i still have the remote and its still for sale... email me at whatatravesty@gmail.com if youre interested

Ive got the keyboard remote with an LED LCD 55 Vizio. It's not the apps model, and didn't come with the remote obviously. I thought I could just pop in bateries and it'd work. Its not doing any thing. Any suggestions? PLEASE!

you probably have to pair it with the TV (over bluetooth). look up the manual for your TV or one that comes with the remote.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom