VL-Systems LIS2 (NMediaPC 280 case) (1 Viewer)

yevgenb

Portal Member
January 3, 2007
Hi,

I have searched forums but haven't found if someone was able to get it to work?
LIS driver selected, port set correctly,Logging shows that all commands successfully sent to the display and... nothing.

Thanks,
Eugene

JoeDalton

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 27, 2004
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    I'm sorry yevgenb, but it seems that no-one can help you.
    I only own 2 different display types myself. I hope you understand that I can't provide useful help with all other displays...

I hope another user with a VL-Systems LIS2 display can help or confirm that the plugin doesn't work with this type of display...

Joe

milhouse

Portal Pro
    November 9, 2006
    Raleigh, NC U.S.
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    The display that comes with the 280BAV is actually an MCE display. I have tried and tried, and cannot get the display to work with MP and the External Display plug-in.

HOWEVER, since it is an MCE display, you CAN use the MCEDisplay plug-in, instead. You don't get nearly all the functionality you would normally get (e.g. channel information), but it is definitely better than nothing.

Things that will diplay correctly (as I recall):
    current TV show
    time remaining

Things that will not display:
    song information (at least if using iTunes)
    movie title (perhaps only ISOs don't work)

I've got the same case/display that you've got, so let me know if I can help you out any. I will also post the information I sent to someone else that PMed me on this topic.

Milhouse

To be clear what LIS display I am using, it is the LIS Media Center Edition from VL Systems. http://www.vlsys.co.kr/English/product_lis_mce.php

This display is not directly supported by Media Portal. The best we are able to do is to let it act as a MCE display, and use the MP plug-in that pretends it is MCE.

So here's what you need to do.

1) Install the M.Play Home Center software that came with your display. If you don't have the disk, it can be downloaded from the VL web site. http://www.vlsys.co.kr/pds/mplay/MHC2014.zip

2) Start the M.Play software. It should detect your LIS display correctly. If not, you may need to download the USB driver so it can be detected. http://www.vlsys.co.kr/pds/driver_EN.php

3) Once M.Play detects your display, you can go ahead and close the software. It will continue to run, and there is an icon by your clock. Right click on the icon, and it will bring up an Indicator Control list. Set this to Media Center.

4) Finally, go to Media Portal Setup. Go to the Plugins section, and look for the Process Plugin called "MCEDisplay". Right click an Enable it. (You should probably also DISABLE the External Display plug-in.)

That's it. And that's as good as the software works. On my Media Portal setup, it's pretty good about reporting the correct information with TV. It does not show Music information (probably because I use iTunes), and it doesn't show information for videos, probably because I am using .ISO files for my movies.

All in all, it's not very good, and I would prefer a different display. But it's better than nothing.

yevgenb

Portal Member
    January 3, 2007
    Thanks Milhouse!

I'll try tonight. BTW - how do you like the case? After sometime I figured that PSU is to noisy and connect it's fan to the front fan-controller. Work's like a charme and noise is almost gone.

Thanks,
    Eugene

milhouse

Portal Pro
    November 9, 2006
    Raleigh, NC U.S.
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I find the case really noisy. I am using all fans that came with the case, and it's loud. Not so noticeable when the TV is on, but definitely loud when the rest of the time.

I had some bad experiences trying the get the fan controller to work, so it's not hooked to anything. One three separate motherboards, trying to plug in the fan controller made a pop, a burning smell, and a visible burn!

I'll try hooking it up to the power supply fan like you suggest. I hadn't gotten around to trying to figure out which one is the loud fan. Thanks for the advice.

Milhouse

GuustFlater

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    Hi,

Did you install a usb->serial driver? This is needed! (The driver software (MCC)from VLSYS is not needed) In the plugin you have to select a (virtual) com port from the usb->serial driver. Selecting USB as port won't work...
    I do have a Vlsys LIS2 VFD display and it really works great!

GuustFlater

yevgenb

Portal Member
    January 3, 2007
    Yeah, I tried everything - virtual COM, USB - nothing worked. Finally my wife say she need a simple clock on LCD :D and nothing else so I stayed with MCC only.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom