VLC ActiveX (1 Viewer)

fpe123

Portal Member
June 12, 2006
Copenhagen, Denmark
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
I use VLC to see TV from www.streamTV.dk. and it works. The StreamTV sending TV using over RTPS and MPEG4. But i like the way Mediaportal is working, so it wont be great if VLC can be intergrate into Mediaportal.
4 thing to use VLC :
- 1. Can almost play anything.
- 2. show internet tv.
- 3 The is a activeX control to VLC. ( AXVLC )
- 4. It free.

I had make a little C# that use the ActiveX, and it works.

Next sted to make it as a "Plugin" to MyTV, so I had begin to make a GUI plugin, but i need som Doc over to the calls in MyTV.

Sorry my english

samuel337

Portal Pro
August 25, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
Hmm... mixing ActiveX with DirectX is going to be interesting.

Something else to think about - is the idea to have this occur on the client or the new TVEngine's server? Because I'm not sure if the client will be able to timeshift on its own after the new TVEngine comes in (not sure how it exactly works yet).

Sam

jlewalle

Portal Member
July 12, 2006
Riverside, CA
Forgive me for not being entirely familar with the architecture just yet. So right now video is provided as raw frames from some source, and the only activex used is to play audio? Is that the general idea right now? What would be nice, is if we could take the time to see what changes are necessary to the VLC ActiveX so that we can get raw frame data. And then, because I believe in options, I like something like this:

IFrameSource
- CurrentVideoFrameSource (I dunno what's being used now, but the current implementation can live here)
- VlcFrameSource
- VisualizationFrameSource
- WebCamFrameSource
- PictureSlideShowFrameSource (not sure if this one makes sense, because it's probably better to think of the picture slideshows on a higher level than raw frames)
- VncFrameSource (hehe)
etc...

IFrameRenderer
- WindowedFrameRenderer
- FullScreenFrameRenderer
- TwirlingInCrazyCirclesRenderer

I would be crazy excited about something like this. Of course, I imagine the hard part is the Vlc/Mplayer frame sources. How much work was integrating mplayer in the XBMC project? I'm usually against massive changes to 3rd party projects for integrating them, but perhaps there's a middleground we can find. Thoguhts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom