VLC in Media Portal 1.1.0 Beta (1 Viewer)

astronaute

Portal Member
October 31, 2006
Home Country
France France
MediaPortal Version: 1.1.0 Beta
Windows Version: XP
CPU Type: Core 2 Duo

Hello all, :)

I have lot of videos that doesn't play good with MP, the sound is out of sync, or simply it refuses to play. Of course I have ffdshow, ac3filter, matroskaSpliter and DirectVobSub installed, and also latest xvid codecs. I don't want to struggle anymore with different video codecs, I am honestly bored... VLC plays all those files without codecs, so...

I would like to replace completely the default video player by VLC, but if I select it as external player, it opens the VLC and it is not in full screen, and I cannot use my remote control.
Can someone please help me configure VLC and MP 1.1.0 beta?

And, seriously, is there any good reason VLC is not the default video player in media portal ?

Thank you in advance. :D

Zinu

Portal Pro
February 28, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I can't help you with this, but if you have playback problems try SAF. It's stickied in this subforum.

astronaute

Portal Member
October 31, 2006
Home Country
France France
Alright, I just removed all codecs and installed SAF, now I don't have the sound at all in my .MKV files.

(I use SPDIF output to an amplifier)

If someone can help me use VLC with MP, I would be happy :) With VLC, everything just works...

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    Re : VLC in Media Portal 1.1.0 Beta

Since there was 2 french devs and a german dev who dev VLC plugin for MediaPortal, it would be better if you posted your request in french forum part. ;)
    Did you try the VLC plugin ?
    And checkin all video and/or audio, you would maybe have your solution. :)

Attachments

• 01.JPG
      01.JPG
      52.3 KB

astronaute

Portal Member
    October 31, 2006
    Home Country
    France France
    Hello framug,

Thank you for your response, I already tried your plugin, but I am using MP 1.1.0 beta, and it doesn't seem compatible with it.

Maybe you can help me with it, or at least indicate a place where I can post regarding this issue ?

TIA

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    Re : Re: VLC in Media Portal 1.1.0 Beta

I already tried your plugin
    not mine, our (all MP users). :D
    Maybe you can help me with it, or at least indicate a place where I can post regarding this issue ?
    link to plugin download :
    MEDIAPORTAL - free media center - Remository
    link to "official" thread :
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal-plugins-47/vlc-0-9-x-external-player-plugin-59121/
    link to french external player part :
    Codecs, lecteurs externes - MediaPortal Forum
    link to french plugin part :
    Les plugins - MediaPortal Forum

JSorrentino

Portal Pro
    September 30, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Alright, I just removed all codecs and installed SAF, now I don't have the sound at all in my .MKV files.

If someone can help me use VLC with MP, I would be happy With VLC, everything just works...

No sound? I presume that you answered (properly) the install questions in the SAF install (and you are using the latest beta). If not - you may want to run the setup again to uninstall and then reinstall and pay very close attention to the questions asked.

Also, for SPDIF pass-through, you need to add the ffdshow decoder to post processing of DVD/Video, etc. - as the install states.

Now if you have a *proper* DTS-HD or TrueHD setup, you may need to tweak the ffdshow config that pops up after the SAF install to check the boxes for those two, maybe tweak some entries for bitrates, but not needed if you do not full HDMI for audio as well as video.

Good luck, hope this helps.

astronaute

Portal Member
    October 31, 2006
    Home Country
    France France

If someone can help me use VLC with MP, I would be happy With VLC, everything just works...

No sound? I presume that you answered (properly) the install questions in the SAF install (and you are using the latest beta). If not - you may want to run the setup again to uninstall and then reinstall and pay very close attention to the questions asked.

Also, for SPDIF pass-through, you need to add the ffdshow decoder to post processing of DVD/Video, etc. - as the install states.

Now if you have a *proper* DTS-HD or TrueHD setup, you may need to tweak the ffdshow config that pops up after the SAF install to check the boxes for those two, maybe tweak some entries for bitrates, but not needed if you do not full HDMI for audio as well as video.

Good luck, hope this helps.

Hello,

I opened the new thread as it is not VLC*related :)

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/codecs-external-players-55/saf-v4-00-no-sound-mkv-files-79027/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom