VMR9/EVR sucks, overlay mixer rocks (1 Viewer)

zubovsergei

Portal Member
January 26, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Overlay mixer used in media player classic homecinema is far far better than either VMR9 or EVR. Any chance of getting this option in future mediaportal version?

I have a good system, 4.4 ghz E8600, 2x4870x2 video cards, 4 gigs ram and vista 64 bit. I am forced to use EVR with aero due to VMR9 no longer working (with catalyst 9.2). THe problem is that EVR completely sucks. When I play a 1080p movie on my second display, I basically cannot do anything on my main desktop display, as I get stuttering during movie playback if I do something on primary display like websurf.

With overlay mixer with media player classic homecinema, I can play a 1080p movie on my second display, and play a 3d game on my primary display fullscreen with no movie stuttering at all.

I was just playing Drakensang on main display and watching movie at same time on second display, both fullscreen. FORGET about doing that with lame EVR. EVR is a complete piece of sh*t. However, I have to admit that part of the problem might be that my second display (TV) set to 24 hz (1080/24p).

Why does EVR suck so bad? and is there anyway to use overlay mixer for display in mediaportal?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    MP1 is tied to .net, thus directx uses vmr9\EVR.

MP2 is not, so will be a lot less of a resource hog :), so unfortunately you will have to wait for your wish.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Overlay cannot be mixed with DirectX graphics. MP1 nor MPII won't ever support overlay.

zubovsergei

Portal Member
    January 26, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I guess EVR isn't as much the problem as Aero. Aero is really the problem with EVR. If I disable aero, then I don't get any stuttering while doing other tasks. Unfortunately, disabling aero causes tearing instead. If you could use EVR without aero and not get tearing that would be cool too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom