[solved] VOD Server playback error (1 Viewer)

weekendowel

Portal Member
September 5, 2005
Stockholm
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I have issues with VOD Server and using a direct copy from a stream provided from Svtplay.se . They are providing several live streams and some streams is shown perfectly while some is not and I can't find out what the difference are.

All streams are H.264 and AAC. Stream is fetched with livestreamer and put into FFMPEG to be converted to MPEG-TS, FFMPEG command is just -vcodec copy -acodec copy -f mpegts -
Reason for just wanting to do stream copy is to save processing power and also picture quality.

This stream works fine: svtplay.se/kanaler/svt2
This stream does not work: svtplay.se/kanaler/svt1

Both streams are HLS format

The problem is that I just get a black screen from the faulty stream but I can hear audio.

As the streams can't be fetched outside Sweden I recorded 2 samples, links below, the sample from SVT1 can't be played in WMP but the sample from SVT2 can be played.

Any help are very much appreciated.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hbvds14d8zmi23o/MP problem.zip?dl=0

mm1352000

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Country flag
    Hello

Does the zip file include log files? They are the first thing I would want to look at. MediaPortal and TV Server log files.

Regards,
    mm

mm1352000

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Country flag
    Note: I am able to play the SVT 2 sample in MP [1.7.1]. The SVT 1 sample does not play. Both samples play fine in VLC.

@Owlsroost
    This looks like it could be a TsReader issue. Possibly related to detecting the video parameters and/or a safe entry point...

Owlsroost

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Country flag
    Note: I am able to play the SVT 2 sample in MP [1.7.1]. The SVT 1 sample does not play. Both samples play fine in VLC.

@Owlsroost
    This looks like it could be a TsReader issue. Possibly related to detecting the video parameters and/or a safe entry point...

Correct - it's not finding H.264 SPS/PPS it likes....

weekendowel

Portal Member
    September 5, 2005
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Owlsroost

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Country flag
    @weekendowel - can you try the attached version of TsReader.ax please (v4.1.0.8, for MP 1.11 and later) ?
    (It plays both of your test files OK).

To install, close MP, go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal, make backup copy of the original TsReader.ax file, and then copy in the new version. Start MP and test it :)

Attachments

• TsReader_v4_1_0_8_for_MP_1.11.zip
      183 KB · Views: 85

Users who are viewing this thread