Codecs Voice Audio problem, VLC plays good (1 Viewer)

joie

Portal Member
June 10, 2009
Home Country
Spain Spain
Hi there;

I'm having problems with some video files. The background audio is good but the voice is noisy and very low so I need to boost the volume in order to hear it. VLC player plays them good with perfect audio, so I don't know what's the problem.

This is the media info of the last one that gave me audio problems if it can help:

Code:
D:\Datos de usuarios\Media Center\Vídeos\Series\The Simpsons\los.simpson.20x07.avi
   General
      Complete name : D:\Datos de usuarios\Media Center\Vídeos\Series\The Simpsons\los.simpson.20x07.avi
      Format : AVI
      Format/Info : Audio Video Interleave
      File size : 291 MiB
      Duration : 20mn 57s
      Overall bit rate : 1 944 Kbps
      Writing application : VirtualDubMod 1.5.10.2 (build 2542/release)
      Writing library : VirtualDubMod build 2542/release
   Video #0
      ID : 0
      Format : MPEG-4 Visual
      Format profile : AdvancedSimple@L5
      Format settings, BVOP : Yes
      Format settings, QPel : No
      Format settings, GMC : No warppoints
      Format settings, Matrix : Default (H.263)
      Muxing mode : Packed bitstream
      Codec ID : XVID
      Codec ID/Hint : XviD
      Bit rate : 1 742 Kbps
      Width : 960 pixels
      Height : 720 pixels
      Display aspect ratio : 4:3
      Frame rate : 25.000 fps
      Resolution : 24 bits
      Colorimetry : 4:2:0
      Scan type : Progressive
      Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.101
      Stream size : 261 MiB (90%)
      Writing library : XviD 1.2.1 (UTC 2008-12-04)
   Audio #1
      ID : 1
      Format : MPEG Audio
      Format version : Version 1
      Format profile : Layer 3
      Codec ID : 55
      Codec ID/Hint : MP3
      Bit rate mode : Constant
      Bit rate : 192 Kbps
      Channel(s) : 2 channels
      Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
      Resolution : 16 bits
      Stream size : 28.8 MiB (10%)
      Alignment : Aligned on interleaves
      Interleave, duration : 40 ms (1.00 video frame)
      Interleave, preload duration : 504 ms
      Writing library : LAME3.98r
      Encoding settings : -m s -V 4 -q 3 -lowpass 18.6 -b 192

I have SAF 4.0 installed.

Thanks in advance.

ced007

Portal Pro
July 7, 2008
Haute-Savoie
Home Country
France France
Hello,
It could be interesting to check with graphedit (tool provided with SAF) what audio codec is used.
If you are using ffdshow audio, are you using it with the default settings of SAF or your own ones?
Is the problem with all your avi files or some only?
Also, you probably already checked it but verify that the audio level in MePo is not too low.

joie

Portal Member
June 10, 2009
Home Country
Spain Spain
I'll try the graphedit tool although I don't know what is it or how to use it, i'll investigate that.
Is there an option to reset SAF to its defaults?, I don't what I changed, but I sure did changed some parameters with no knowledge of what I was doing...
The problem only comes with some avi files and, for some reason, almost all of them are series, not films ¬_¬

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
I'll try the graphedit tool although I don't know what is it or how to use it, i'll investigate that.
Is there an option to reset SAF to its defaults?, I don't what I changed, but I sure did changed some parameters with no knowledge of what I was doing...
The problem only comes with some avi files and, for some reason, almost all of them are series, not films ¬_¬

SAF5 final have FFDshow reset to default - Start - SAF - FFDshow - Settings_reset.reg

joie

Portal Member
June 10, 2009
Home Country
Spain Spain
Hell, I've installed SAF 5 and now MePo says it can't pley any video files!.

I've checked the "configure video" in the FFDshow folder and all the codecs are disabled and can't be enabled (in the codecs tab), Why is that and how can I activate them?.
I've tried the graphStudio tool that comes with SAF and when open a video file (avi) it only have audio codecs, no video at all...

HELP!

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
Hell, I've installed SAF 5 and now MePo says it can't pley any video files!.

I've checked the "configure video" in the FFDshow folder and all the codecs are disabled and can't be enabled (in the codecs tab), Why is that and how can I activate them?.
I've tried the graphStudio tool that comes with SAF and when open a video file (avi) it only have audio codecs, no video at all...

HELP!

Are you sure you install it as admin?
This can happend if you install saf as admin then log in as different user.
There is setting reset - Start - SAF- FFDshow - setting reset, so try to use it.

joie

Portal Member
June 10, 2009
Home Country
Spain Spain
This is somewhat strange..., when I installed SAF 5 it gave me some errors about overwritting SAF 4 files (although it was uninstalled first). Now I've reinstalled SAF 5 and all is working as spected.
The only thing I've changed from the first install is the subtitles option, when SAF asks about installing subtitles support I told it not to, I don't if it's a bug or not, but now all is OK and the audio problem is gone.

I have one more question BTW: Which is the best configuration for a 4.1 audio system?, I know it's rare to find one, but I have one 4.1 (not 5.1) system and don't know if there is a good configuration for that.

Thank's to all :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom