Volume can not be increased (1 Viewer)

BadMojoX

Portal Member
March 22, 2008
Stuttgart
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello,
i'am not sure that this is a bug or not. I have Gigabyte GA-MA69GM-S2H Board with onboard Realtek HD Audio device. The problem is that i can only increase volume up to 80% or somth. like that, but no more. The volume bar still has 2 empty lines on the end, so it means, that the volumn can be increased further but it does not work. I'am using my specially designed hardware but internally call MediaPortal volume UP/DOWN actions. So it can not be a problem in my hardware/software. If i use a keyboard, it works the same way, like my remote control. So i can only change volume in the 0-80% range. I've installed latest drivers for Realtek HD device. I have windows Vista 32 bit installed. The volume can be increased in the windows just normally up to 100%. When i start MediaPortal after that, the volume bur shows also 100%. When i decrease volume, and then try to increase it again it goes up to 80%.
Does anyone has the same problem?

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    What happens if you up master volume in bar to 100%, because if that it's set to 80 then it will be like 100 for the rest(or maybe max vol it's better explanation).

Regards
    Roy

BadMojoX

Portal Member
    March 22, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    i'am not sure, that i've understood you. If i change volume in MediaPortal it acts as the master volume change in windows. If i close MediaPortal with volume increased to the maximum level 80% (MediaPortal shown x white white vertical lines and 2 or 3 gray lines) then i see, that master volume in windows is around of 80%. The problem is that i can not increase volume in MediaPortal up to 100%.
    Regards,

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Run MediaPortal in windowed mode, open volume controls & up master volume to 100 & then check what happens when MP control volume.

Regards
    Roy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom