Volume control not working after BLACK Glass installation? (1 Viewer)

JCEW

January 16, 2011
Home Country
Germany Germany
I need help! :(

I installed MP Portal & Server on one WIN7 (pristine) machine with standard blue3wide skin. Everything worked fine.

After installing BLACK GLASS skin, the volume control via MCE remote does not work anymore in MP. If I close MP the MCE remote volume control works fine for WIN7 standard volume control. Even changing the skin back to blue3wide again does not help, MCE volume control is not working anymore after BLACK GLASS installtion...

What did BLACK GLASS change at the skin installation process in the settings (?) or anywher else that the MCE remote volume control in MP got lost ?

Any help is highly appreciated, Thanks, JAN
P.S. The system is a standard WIN7 Professional with a dedicated ASUS XONAR D2 soundcard...

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Are you sure it's related to Blue Glass? Does it work with default Blue3Wide skin?

JCEW

January 16, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Volume control not working after BLACK Glass installation?

The volume controil with MCE remote worked flawless with blue3wide.
    I checked it twice.

After the MCE remote stopped working with MP, I uninstalled MP completly incl user files etc., reinstalled it with blue3wide only and the voleume control with MCE worked again. Then again, I installed BLACK GLASS resulting in that the remote is not working again - regardless what skin is selected.

Any advise ??

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    I'm sorry but it's almost COMPLETELY impossible that this problem was brought up by Black Glass installation. It's installation contains only skin folder and files in it, there are no external files other than font (Sansation). So your issue is related to something else. Just saying so you don't waste too much time debugging :)

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Instead of uninstalling again, just use the Configuration to select another skin (B3W). I'm sure the problem persists with B3W as well.

JCEW

January 16, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Volume control not working after BLACK Glass installation?

YES, this is the VERY strange thing.

After installing MP only (with blue3wide included) the volume control works fine & flawless. Then, after (!) installing the BLACK GLASS skin (and doing only this and nothing else) MCE remote volume control does not work anymore within MP.

To be more specific, the remote works fine, the infrared receiver works fine, the volume indicator (OSD) showing a working remote with increasing or decreasing onscreen indicators - ONLY there is no effect on system volume. Regardless what I do the volume does not change at all. Any yes you are right, this behaviour stays the same even if I switch back to blue3wide skion or maja. Please remember, the remote works perferct within WIN7 only...terminating MP let me increase/decrease WIN7 system volume perfectly.

Up to now, the only option to get the MCE remote volume control working again is to uninstall MP completle an reinstall it.

BTW, when installing BLACK GLASS the last question the installer is asking for a "Default Sound Scheme" or "Alternative Sound Scheme". May be the installer is doing there anything with sound ?

Please advise...any help appreciated! :confused:

Tgx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2008
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    If you are using an external amplifier connected through SPDIF or HDMI, it's normal that the MCE volume control does not work. You have to control the volume through the amplifier remote.

Thanks

Tgx

alexchini

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 30, 2006
    Venice
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    That's really a weird behaviour, the only thing i get in mind is to check the setting of the master volume of windows as in WIN7 the MCE remote control only the wave volume.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom