Volume control (2 Viewers)

marttoma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2014
    Praha
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    . In my case there are no differences in setting between Windows 7 and Windows 10.
    Is this correct? What is different in setting for Windows 7 versus Windows 10?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I have edited my previous post :p
    It's correct :
    WIN7 keep using old code (but can have something odd for Win10 even if not sure) because it get the returned value from Windows OS (not using the volume table except when using the normal keyboard so it will use the step of 6).
    WIN10 use a new hardcoded value for step of 2 and compare value against this table and this time changing the volume from normal keyboard/MCE/Multimedia Keyboard will match the volume table and then using the step of 2.

marttoma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2014
    Praha
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    It's correct :
    WIN7 keep using old code (but can have something odd for Win10 even if not sure) because it get the returned value from Windows OS (not using the volume table except when using the normal keyboard so it will use the step of 6).
    WIN10 use a new hardcoded value for step of 2 and compare value against this table and this time changing the volume from normal keyboard/MCE/Multimedia Keyboard will match the volume table and then using the step of 2.

Ok, I see. I just got idea for improvement to add in MP config tool for Windows setting extra parameter for volume step level (options for volume step selection: 1,2,3,4,5,6), so user can change the volume step from e.g.2 to 6 very fast, but this is not important, just the idea how to make life more simple for configuration tasks:)

Many thanks for all explanations and improvements.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom