[no Bug] Volume issues (1 Viewer)

dnewie

February 9, 2013
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I've just updated from MP 1.2.3 running on XP SP3 and the volume controls aren't working properly anymore.

When I try and change the volume the entire volume range is so small I can barely notice the difference. It seems to have only two volumes that are very close together. Also, if I press mute then it mutes correctly, but then it will not unmute, I have to manually go to the windows volume settings to unmute it.

Last edited by a moderator:

dnewie

February 9, 2013
Home Country
Hi HomeY, thanks for the fast response.
I've just checked the volume settings and it was already on Windows XP for the scale, and is currently on master volume for the control.
I've also tried it on wave as the control, and both logarithmic and custom scales, and all of them gave me the same symptoms.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Please disable the Mini Display plugin and try again.

dnewie

February 9, 2013
    Home Country
    That's fixed it!
    I've no idea why the minidisplay plugin should break the volume controls; do I need to raise this issue as a new bug?
    Many thanks for your help.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Check your error.log in the zip. That file should always give you a good hint about what's going on/wrong. In this case it was the Mini Display about some bad line number. You don't need to raise another issue, but you should check the settings you've made in that plugin (if you use it). Or else keep it disabled ;)

Settings this to No Bug ;)

Last edited:

felixbbb031

Portal Pro
    October 24, 2011
    ..tu iza čoška
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Hi. I have similar problem with Volume control,but only over my remote control(with keyboard is working). Simply stop working few days ago. Till then was working perfectly. IC reciver recive a signal from a remote and mute button work perfectly. When I watch videos(not over MP)volume controls are fully functional. I have tried all options in VOLUME SETTINGS even though in REMOTE MAPPINGS. Still no luck :(

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi. I have similar problem with Volume control,but only over my remote control(with keyboard is working). Simply stop working few days ago. Till then was working perfectly. IC reciver recive a signal from a remote and mute button work perfectly. When I watch videos(not over MP)volume controls are fully functional. I have tried all options in VOLUME SETTINGS even though in REMOTE MAPPINGS. Still no luck :(

Have you set in MP Config -> General -> Volume settings "Control -> Master volume" and "Scale -> Windows Vista / Win 7"?
    =Volume.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom