[not reproducible] Volume muting problem (1 Viewer)

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I upgraded from 1.2.3 using the individual deploy packages.

When I first started MP and LiveTV, the sound was muted and I had to press the Mute button on my remote to unmute it.

This morning, after resuming from standby I had an error that Windows Explorer had crashed and MP was also locked up so I killed it with my wireless mouse. After restarting MP, LiveTV was again muted and this time I couldn't unmute it with the remote. I closed MP and saw that the Volume Mixer systray icon showed it was muted, so I unmuted that and restarted MP and it was OK after that and I can toggle mute with my remote in MP now.

I'll see what happens after the next resume from standby, but it looks like there's an issue with mute, which I never had previously (I recall reading about some people having trouble with this, although that might have been with digital receivers, whereas I just use the analog output).

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
This didn't happen after resuming from standby this afternoon, so perhaps it was just a glitch after upgrading that's cleared now. I'll keep an eye on it for a few days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom