Volume OSD missing (1 Viewer)

graemef

Portal Pro
November 28, 2004
Perth
Home Country
Since installing RC3 the volume OSD is missing. Can't find anything else on this, is it just a screwed up install on mine or a known issue ?

2mad

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    do you mean the volume display during watching tv or video?
    I had this "problem" only with special codecs (not sure audio or video) - as I switched to different ones the OSD for the volume was back - same with the time-line-OSD during fast-forwarding (where it shows 2x,4x ....)

graemef

Portal Pro
    November 28, 2004
    Perth
    Home Country
    It is wierd, I seem to have all the other OSD's, just not the volume one. I will play with the codecs and see if I can find a good combination or setting.
    Cheers

wowski

Portal Member
    September 14, 2007
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Let us know if you find anything - I've never been able to get the volume OSD (going back to RC1 and RC2), but never figured out why. Not a big deal, but would be nice to know. Cheers

CCob

Portal Pro
    November 10, 2008
    Do you both use LM Remote keymap to remap an MCE remote? I originally had volume control OSD, but after installing LM Remote keymap, it didn't work anymore.

graemef

Portal Pro
    November 28, 2004
    Perth
    Home Country
    Worked this out for mine. I am using irsuite, this was handling the remote, not MP, therefore MP did not know to put the volume OSD up. I played with the settings so I am using IR Suite, but also have MCE Remote selected in MP. All works now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

MP1 MP2 Volume property DE
    Thank you very much
    Thank you very much
    Good evening, Does anyone know if there is a Mediaportal property to report the current volume level as an integer? I have looked...
    Replies
    Views
    Any other suggestions for this?
    Any other suggestions for this?
    I have Flirc and the Skip 1s remote sending volume +/- events. I prefer to rely on just the Windows volume control so in...
    Replies
    Views
    I have looked at your log files, but as usual they are unintelligible gobbledegook. (I am sure that the original developers who wrote that code know what the log entries mean, but those developers have long since retired from the MP team.) I regret to say that I think that you will have to use the "brute force" method to track down...
    I have looked at your log files, but as usual they are unintelligible gobbledegook. (I am sure that the original developers who...
    Sometimes when displaying the OSD whilst playing a recorded TV show the video freezes and the sound continues for about 30 seconds...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 Delete recordings DE
    Hi, please check the yellow box (almost bottom of the page) about deleting recordings in the wiki. It’s possible to delete recordings, if access is guaranted. I’m not sure which connection problems you have. Normally the client is directly connected to the server on startup. In case you feel it’s too long, please describe the issue...
    Hi, please check the yellow box (almost bottom of the page) about deleting recordings in the wiki. It’s possible to delete...
    Hi, I can't seem to find any posts in this forum or on the wiki on deleting recordings. I am currently running 2.4.1 and there...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 [solved] Basic audio question... DE
    Yes, works, thanks. Deselecting "Prefer multichannel audio streams" under "Video Player" (under "Players") gives me the stereo stream, by default, in television also. Thanks for your help. N.
    Yes, works, thanks. Deselecting "Prefer multichannel audio streams" under "Video Player" (under "Players") gives me the stereo...
    Is there a way to set the default audio stream for live TV? The default default, so to speak, for me seems to be English...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom