Volume probs with Vista build 6000 (1 Viewer)

Redbomber2000

Portal Member
June 24, 2006
MediaPortal Version 0.2.2.0 :
MediaPortal Skin Project Mayhem III and Blue Two:
Windows Version Vista build 6000 (Business):
CPU Type AMD Athlon +2800:
HDD Samsung 80GB:
Memory 512MB DDR:
Motherboard MSI KM4M-L:
Motherboard Chipset VIA KM400:
Motherboard Bios:
Video Card ATI Radeon 9600:
Video Card Driver ATI Vista driver version 8.31.100.321:
Sound Card Realtek AC'97 for VIA:
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver Version 6.0.1.6213:
1. TV Card Hauppauage WinTV 500 PVR PCI II:
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver Version 6.0.6000.16401: :
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
HTPC Case:
Remote Microsoft Remote:

The problem is that firstly when watching video files, TV or listening to music files, once the volume is turned down, I cannot turn all the way back up properly. The way I can get around it is to minimize Media Portal, click volume icon in task bar, then mixer, and turn Media Portal's volume all the way back up.

Secondly, when listening to any streaming radio (SkyFM channels, Triple J, Triple M), volume will not respond at all. This has only happened to me when using MS Vista. I use a Microsoft remote. Attached are the log files.

My apologies if I have not posted this in the correct format. I don't know what a SVN-Snapshot is to provide one. Please let me know if any more info is needed. Cheers.

alrubaa

December 29, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I have the exact problem on MP 0.2.2.0 running on windows Vista Ultimate (OEM). I also noticed that turning the volume fully down and then up repeatedly, 7-10 time could result in the volume reaching max. My hardware is completely different as per my profile. If anyone has found a solution or work around it will be great.

RICOUK

Portal Member
May 9, 2006
England
Same problem here, also, you cannot alter the master volume so you have to turn up the volume manually before using MP then use MP's own volume controller.

The lower you go in volume the less you can go back up!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom