Volume Quick Question (1 Viewer)

jpskiller

Portal Member
May 30, 2005
UK
Is It Possibel to map the 45+ hauppage remote so that the volume buttons turn wave up/down instead of master, reason for this is for when using spdif out, the wave contol woks, but not master.

keep up the good work

cleao

Portal Pro
March 2, 2005
Évora, Portugal
same question for me...

:eek: Could some one do this? Would be very nice and practical to those MP users with spdif out to a external decoder, but with Dolby or DTS the sound must be leveled in the external decoder always...

:?

mfo

Portal Member
February 24, 2005
FRANCE
Great finding indeed ! I always thought, and was always been told, that volume on SPDIF outputs couldn't be controlled.
I just did the test on my Asus P4P800-VM and it worked.
I guess that the kind of volume that can be controlled by MP could be made configurable. What do devs think ?
Maybe it's time for a feature request ...

cleao

Portal Pro
March 2, 2005
Évora, Portugal
Could some one do this?

This would be very important because of the volume levels and those who are using spdif out must be always leveling manualy the sound in the external decoder what is not practical (when leveling sound in MP we only see that good looking new sound bar but it doesn't nothing).
There is a very good place to put an option in configuration->general->sound where the user could choose to control the WAVE instead off the MASTER volume...

Would be an important improvement!

:wink:

Smirnuff

Portal Pro
December 7, 2004
United Kingdom
configuration->general->sound

Your psychic powers are impressive but you're off slightly, as of yesterday you have the option to specify whether the volume handling adjusts the master volume or wave volume (see Config->General->Volume). Its confirmed as working for TV, radio and movies but not yet for DVD.

cleao

Portal Pro
March 2, 2005
Évora, Portugal
oooppss

Great job! Thanks for the psychic powers :)

For DVD it's only possible when the sound is not Dolby or DTS I think it will work for stereo for example... Because it will go direct to spdif out without any system processing :cry:

But it will be very usefull, because it's when changing channels on the TV that the volume increase or decrease to much!

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

MP1 MP2 [solved] Basic audio question... DE
Yes, works, thanks. Deselecting "Prefer multichannel audio streams" under "Video Player" (under "Players") gives me the stereo stream, by default, in television also. Thanks for your help. N.
Yes, works, thanks. Deselecting "Prefer multichannel audio streams" under "Video Player" (under "Players") gives me the stereo...
Is there a way to set the default audio stream for live TV? The default default, so to speak, for me seems to be English...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Odd Standby issue DE
Since I played around with all the settings as per the previous posts and despite putting everything back to how it was, as far as I can tell, now when my HTPC wakes up to make a recording it no longer does so in away mode. I will probably do a restore from a backup in the hope that that will resolve the issue.:mad:
Since I played around with all the settings as per the previous posts and despite putting everything back to how it was, as far as...
Generally standby is working well on My Mp 1.32 x64 pre set up. I just have one issue, which was also present on earlier x86...
Replies
Views
I had the same issue and found the executable under C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Titan\BasicHome.Editor\TitanEditor.exe Only the shortcut was missing.
I had the same issue and found the executable under C:\ProgramData\Team...
Hi all, Not a rant, more a sharing of experience (maybe hoping to get some clarification on which wrong turn I took) It has been...
Replies
Views
Of course this would be the best option, but I guess it’s not that easy to integrate external players into MP2. It was somewhere discussed, but I could not find the related thread.
Of course this would be the best option, but I guess it’s not that easy to integrate external players into MP2. It was somewhere...
Hi there, I have a few questions about the limitations I've discovered (so far, it's early days!) when it comes to watching a tv...
Replies
Views
I've been using version 1.2.2.0 for years and have found no need to upgrade to newer version. I hate it that skins loose compatibility with almost every new version. And new skins are too 'fancy' for my taste. I use a customized version of the default wide skin with only Videos and TV in the main menu. I use mediaportal for recording...
I've been using version 1.2.2.0 for years and have found no need to upgrade to newer version. I hate it that skins loose...
I've been using version 1.2.2.0 for years and have found no need to upgrade to newer version. I hate it that skins loose...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom