Volume (1 Viewer)

RICHARDG

Portal Pro
August 21, 2006
Canada
IS there some magic way of cranking up the volume on videos. It seems every vid I play is always quiet and i need to crank up the TV, this has been the case on all versions of MP so I imagine its not an MP issue.

anyone have some ideas..would love to hear them

Linton9

Portal Member
January 29, 2012
Home Country
Try turning on 'loudness equalisation' under Windows properties, Enhancements for your audio output device.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    IS there some magic way of cranking up the volume on videos. It seems every vid I play is always quiet and i need to crank up the TV, this has been the case on all versions of MP so I imagine its not an MP issue.
    I have been using MP only for two months, but I encountered this effect recently. I first noticed it with a high-definition TV programme broadcast on DVB-T2 in the UK, and then I noticed it with a DVD box set.

In my case this effect is caused by the programme source having a multi-channel soundtrack, but the HTPC having only stereo audio output. With this combination, it is necessary to enable "mix down", so that the multiple audio channels will be mixed correctly for stereo output. See this post:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...splay-calibration.119610/page-13#post-1024426

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom