VolumeControl plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (1 Viewer)

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Dear community,
please find at the first post of this thread and in our plugin repository the updated version v1.2.2 of VolumeControl. This update was required to fix a MediaPortal 1.4.0 specific timer issue in case threaded plugin loading is enabled.

Cheers, Micropolis

tnarraf

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 23, 2013
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    I have a problem with the plugin where it does not find an audio device although I clearly have some

The following log entries may give a clue and full logs attached

[2013-06-15 15:45:54,934] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - Volume Control: Error initializing audio device. (Error Code: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80070490): Element not found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070490)
    at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo)
    at Micropolis.HDCore.AudioRendererHandler.AudioRendererDeviceEnumerator.GetDefaultAudioEndpoint(AudioRendererDataFlow dataFlow, AudioRendererRole role)
    at VolumeControlPlugin.VolumeControl.InitDevice(DeviceType type), Element not found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070490))
    [2013-06-15 15:45:54,948] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - Error initializing window:VolumeControlPlugin.VolumeControl Object reference not set to an instance of an object. VolumeControl at VolumeControlPlugin.VolumeControl.InitDeviceStateNotificationHandler()
    at VolumeControlPlugin.VolumeControl.InitPlugin()
    at VolumeControlPlugin.VolumeControl.Init()
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.PluginManager.LoadWindowPlugin(String strFile)
    [2013-06-15 15:45:57,037] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - PS: Error in handling master volume - Unable to cast object of type 'Micropolis.HDCore.AudioRendererHandler._MMDeviceEnumerator' to type 'MediaPortal.Plugins.Process._MMDeviceEnumerator'.

I am running MP 1.4 pre release on Windows 7
    Any other info that will help or suggestions fo what I can try

thanks

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello tnaraf,
    to find the issue effectively, I need more information about your hardware.
    Please enter your system specifications in your personal MediaPortal user profile and send me an overview of existing playback/recording devices, which are installed on your system.

Cheers, Micropolis

tnarraf

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 23, 2013
    Home Country
    Micropolis

system spec now in my profile
    sound devices in the attached picture
    In device manager, sounds as well as the TV cards I have 'High Definition Audio Device', and 'Intel Display Audio'

any more info needed ?

Tnarraf

Attachments

• sounddevices.png
      sounddevices.png
      60.6 KB
    Last edited:

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear community,
    please find at the first post of this thread and in our repository version 1.2.3 of VolumeControl. This update contains the following changes and fixes:
    • fix possible deadlock condition for backgroundworker specific issues in case threaded plugin loading is enabled
    • update Bass libraries to v2.4.10.0
    • fix exception in device notification handler
    @tnarraf: the last point should fix your reported problem, thank you for reporting.

Cheers, Micropolis

tnarraf

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 23, 2013
    Home Country
    Micropolis

Yes this has fixed the issue of not finding the devices - great work.
    I then had a problem of missing volumecontrol.xml

The plugin install had only put this in the Default Skin directory and I had to download the zip file and extract the Skin Default files into my Mediaportal\Skin\Titan to get it to work in the Titan skin

thanks
    Tnarraf

badboyxx

Portal Pro
    June 15, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have installed the latest plugin and I have still the problem that my device can not be found. I have attached my log file. I hope someone can help me.

badboyxx

Portal Pro
    June 15, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Has noone an idea? I have still the problems.

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear community,
    please find at the first post of this thread and in our repository version 1.4.0 of VolumeControl. This update is required to support the upcoming version of MediaPortal v1.6.0.

Important: Due to massive changes of my plugin framework please be aware, that all other installed plugins of my collection must be updated simultaneously. I do not accept error posts for eventual potenial problems in case this hint should be ignored.

Cheers, Micropolis

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom