Wago Automation plugin (1 Viewer)

TiboTv

Portal Pro
June 22, 2009
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Hi folks,

I've written a plugin to access my wago 750-842 module by a modbus/tcp communication to control my home automation.

At this state, the plugin can control each bit of two bytes into the wago module. With this access I can control lightning into my house.

I'll plan to work on the plugin to control also the ambient temperature and other stuff like a presence simulation with lightning.

Actually the plugin is specially design for my home use on test mode. (all information like word adresse, ip adresse, port, ... are hard coded) It works with skin blue3 and streamedmp (my favorite ;-) )

So my question is : Do you think that someone else here could be interested by this plugin? If someone else use also this kind of home automation system I could work more on the plugin to get it more universal and adaptive.

See you,

chriszero

Portal Member
July 18, 2008
Lauffen a. N.
Home Country
Germany Germany
I've a small plugin for general automation based on Beckhoff hardware. But It don't uses modbus, I use the ADS .net API. I would help you with such a plugin. The plugin should use different I/O-drivers. So we could use a wide range of IO systems.

Switch On/Off
Fade Lights
Light scenes
Blinds
Display Power / Water consumption
write and read analog values
Security
HVAC

:)

TiboTv

Portal Pro
June 22, 2009
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Hi,

I think that Beckhoff hardware and wago are quite the same. Could you tell me which type of hardware are you using?

Is your plugin is already using in your installation? My plugin is still in beta test

chriszero

Portal Member
July 18, 2008
Lauffen a. N.
Home Country
Germany Germany
I'm using an CX9010. All switches and sensors are based on the EnOcean technology. It's configured with the Building Automation Framework from Beckhoff. Heating, blinds, lights.

Beckhoff and Wago have identical enclosures since it came originally from Beckhoff. But the technology is entirely different. You can directly use the ADS library to communicate with the PLC, which is managed .NET.

I've not directly a MediaPortal plugin. It's hardcoded into MediaPortal :oops:
It automatically retrieves all switches, lamps, blinds per floor and room from the PLC and displays it as a list of buttons and labels.
This is possible since the Building Automation Framework generates a XML file with all needed information.

TiboTv

Portal Pro
June 22, 2009
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
At this state my plugin is still not configurable via an mp configuration panel. I have to make a panel to set ip address, port and also label and function of each bit or byte.
But the wago have less functionalities than the beckhoff (I don't have xml summary file with all the function) and I don't think that it could be easy to make something more universal.
If thing that this kind of plugin could give example to someone else but the code must be adapted for each application. And every one who use this kind of material have also to program the PLC.

So it's really not a "plug-and-play" plugin.

Concerning the display of all your objects (switches, ...) on MP screen could you show me how it looks? (with a screenshot) At the moment, I'm not really inspired about the way I'll organize the function on the screen. Perhaps a page by floor or a 2D drawing of the house and moving on each room to check the functions... I don't know!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom