Wake On Lan plugin (1 Viewer)

Babnik42

Portal Pro
March 6, 2007
Home Country
France France
My first attempt at a plugin, in fact my first attempt at c# code, so bear with me. A plugin to wake up that server. I really love the client server functionality of the TVEngine3, but can't really put the server away in a cupboard or up in the loft, without leaving it on all the time. Well, now you can put it to sleep or hibernate, and wake it up from the client. Not only that, but you can wake up any number of pcs (I use it to wake up a development server I sometimes use)

The biggest problem you'll find with this plugin is setting up your server to accept the WOL magic packet and actually wake up. It's not easy, and may take a little trial and error. But keep at it, because it's worth it in the end. Please read the readme.txt, and let me know what you think!

https://www.team-mediaportal.com/files/Download/Plugins/Utilities/WakeonLAN/

janno

Portal Member
July 17, 2006
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,
I don't have a domain controller installed. Only a workgroup with three pcs. How to setup the plugin manualy?

Thanks
janno

Babnik42

Portal Pro
March 6, 2007
Home Country
France France
Just put the workgrouo name in there. For example in my case it is the default mshome, then click on discover. If that doesn't work, then add the computers in manually. You'll need the IP address and mac address for each machine. If you type in ipconfig /all at the command prompt of a machine, you'll get all the information you need. The mac address is labelled physical address.

reagan+carter

Portal Pro
September 6, 2006
Nantes, FR
hello babnik42,

thanks a lot for having a shot at developing one of the most sought after feature for the new tv engine.
However I do have two short questions : does it work together with the powerscheduler plugin? Don't you think about merging your code with this plugin?

bye

janno

Portal Member
July 17, 2006
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,
filling in the workgroupname has no effect. In can't edit the table in the plugin setup. I use the latest SVN +TV3. Pressing 'add' has also no effect. All other buttons are disabled.

Babnik42

Portal Pro
March 6, 2007
Home Country
France France
Janno,

you're completely right...sorry about that..I'm new to visual studio, and it caught me out. I'll post a fix later on today!!!

Babnik42

Portal Pro
March 6, 2007
Home Country
France France
Just updated the file. Visual studio caught me out. Tried to change something just before posting it here, and didn;t check it one last time. Anyway, Setup should now work...

Again, sorry for the trouble!

MPUserFromGER

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 31, 2006
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Babnik42: I don't know, if you are still around but your plugin does not work with the recent SVNs. I tried it today and have the following issues:
    1. When configuring in MP setup, when I click on the "wake up" button, the plugin crashes
    2. In MP when entering the "wake on lan" screen, I cannot read anything because it does not match the BlueTwo Wide screen
    3. In MP when entering the "wake on lan" screen, there is no PC visible, even though I have configured it in the setup (maybe this is because the setup crashes when clicking the "wakeup" button?)
    4. With your plugin installed, if I exit MP, MediaPortal.exe is still running in the background and has to be killed with the task manager. After removing your plugin, everything worked great again.

Would be nice, if you could look into it and possibly modify your plugin.

Topstar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 28, 2008
    Arnemuiden
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Works for me!

Hi I'm running TVserver RC1, and this plugin works for me!!! Thanks allot!
    :D

BrianBojtano

Portal Member
    January 15, 2008
    Hi guys :)

I'm using MP now for over 6 months and it's really running fine.

Just wanted to try this plugin here, but somehow I'm to stupid :(

I moved the dll of this plugin to the plugin folder of my MP installation and also I copied the file for the skin to the right folder - but I don't see this plugin :( - Where should I find it - in the Configurator or MP directly? What could I have done wrong? Using MP1.0 RC2 - Please help :confused:

Best regards,
    André :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom