Wakeup USB-registry-patch gets always deleted from registry (1 Viewer)

sylvio2000

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Home Country
Germany Germany
TV-Server Version:
MediaPortal Version: 1.0 RC2
MediaPortal Skin: Blue Two
Windows Version: Windows XP SP3
CPU Type: Athlon 64 3000+
HDD: Samsung IDE 400 GB
Memory: 2x 512 MB DDR MDT
Motherboard: Abit AN8-Ultra
Video Card: ATI Radeon X1300
Video Card Driver: Catalyst 8.8
Sound Card: onboard
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver: Realtek a2.04
1. TV Card:
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: PowerDVD 8
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec: CoreAVC
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote: Streamzap
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection: S-Video

I have setup my HTPC and everything works fine except the wakeup from hibernate. All USB-ports are enabled for wakeup (all get power when in hibernate). Bios is enabled for wakeup per usb.

Now I downloaded the usb-registry-patch and imported it to the registry. But everytime I restart the pc, the entries in the registry are disappeared.
In the device manager my usb devices are disabled for wakeup from hibernation, so I think this cannot work.

I have a streamzap remote, but I think this does not matter.

Where is the problem?

sylvio2000

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Home Country
Germany Germany
If I press a button on the remote in hibernate nothing blinks. But when i stick in a usb device it is active and blinks (on every usb port).

If i stick in the streamzap receiver in hibernate, it blinks for a second.

Now I will try your tool and see what it can do for me ;)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    If your motherboard docs tells you usb ports 0 or 1, stick to leaving your receiver permanently in one of those, these two connections really are designed for this kind of component to resume standby\hibernate, even though the other ports may have power.
    Device manager should show your receiver as being able to wake up pc.

sylvio2000

Portal Pro
    January 26, 2005
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok, here are my results:

1. I have played around with the MCE Standby-tool, but nothing changed.
    2. My motherboard says that every usb-port is able to wakeup the pc. Nevertheless I have only tried out the 4 ports on the back. Nothing changed.
    3. The device manager does NOT show my streamzap receiver as being able to wake up pc. I think that is the problem. I thought that the registry patch should solve this problem, but the registry doesnt save those entries.
    4. The MCE Standby-tool has an option to show the device which are able to wakeup the pc. There is only my NIC shown, nothing else.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    MP config\general "allow S3 even though there are wakeup devices present" make sure that is ticked, if i remember rightly this option if left unselected deletes the registry settings.

try enabling mouse\keyboard usb support in bios, and have you tried standby instead of hibernate as a option.

sylvio2000

Portal Pro
    January 26, 2005
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    "Allow S3 even though there are wakeup devices present" was always ticked. USB support for mouse/keyboard is checked (although I have already tried without it).
    Standby is the same result as with hibernate. No difference.

I have read in some other forums, that the streamzap receiver is not able to wakeup the pc. But I think I have read somewhere in this forum, that some guys managed the ting with a streamzap. Maybe I am wrong.

Nevertheless I have a MCE V.2 remote here, which I am trying out. The device manager says, that this receiver is able to wake up the pc. I have to test this.
    But, wheter it works or not, I dont want to use this remote, because it needs a lot of energy. I have too often to change the batteries.

Maybe it is possible to use te streamzap remote with the MCE receiver (per Eventghost).

edit:
    I have tested the MCE remote with its receiver. Device manager and MCE standby-tool show me this device as able to wakeup the pc. In hibernate the receiver doesnt blink when pushing a button on the remote. BUT, if I disconnect and then connect the receiver it receives signales from the remote (blinks), but it does not wake up.
    The strange thing is, that this also works if the pc is shut down? Is it normal, that the usb ports also have power when the pc is off?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom