Waking from Sleep/UpMix Solutions (1 Viewer)

chughes

Portal Member
February 15, 2010
Home Country
This will help if you are using ffdshow and MP.

I have windows 7 and the latest media portal.
My audio is direct out to optical
Bypass for AC3 and DTS
Using SAF 4.00 Codec Pack.

I will try and keep this as simple as possible, for more information please respond.

Anyone who has issues UpMixing with MP3's and TV Series I have found a solution.

I spend many hours searching the internet for answers, and came up short. So I decided to play around myself and found a solution. It was quite simple in the end...... Just a matter of the correct order.

First of all, I am using the Direct Show Internal player for music because I could not be bothered trying to figure out BASS Engine. The settings responded with the internal player. Only difference is you cannot fade in and out automatically like the BASS engine. Plus I assume the BASS Engine is better, I noticed a couple of MP3's distort a little. But 1 or 2 out of 8,000 isn't bad.

First thing to do, is set MediaPortal to open non-full-screen, and set it to not always on top. (this way you can play with settings without coming in and out of MP.

Next open ffdshow, and TRY the following;

Set your codecs;
ffdshowcodecs1.jpg

ffdshowcodecs2.jpg

Create a new preset FROM default, rename it, and change the auto load settings as you see here.
ffdshowautoload.jpg

Out of personal preference only, I remove the filters I am not going to use
ffdshowshowhidefilters.jpg

This is the most important step to get it to work correctly, and to have the freedom to change volumes on each channel including LFE. I think this is important, saves changing your Amplifier's volumes between music, tv, and movies. As DVD's have different volume.
ffdshowreorder.jpg

Set the rest as follows, and see if it works for you :)
I set this to only change if the original is lower than 48Khz
ffdshowresample.jpg

I dont need to select "Normalize Matrix" but use it if your having issues. It is a great feature. I have also set the percentages down the bottom to 80% to level out the overall volume compared to DVD's. I hate stuffing around with my amp settings all the time :p.
ffdshowmixer.jpg

This improves sound quality (for my system) and accuracy. It also enables the LFE volume in the volume section to change if needed.c
ffdshowlfecrossover.jpg

Free to do as you please here
ffdshowvolume.jpg

Set for bypass AC3 and AC3
ffdshowoutput.jpg

Here is what fixed the issue for my wake from sleep with MP.
Use your power scheduler the way you want it, but in the TV Server one, set it to re-initialize the service on wake up.

Otherwise the rest is done by windows;
Its just a batch file that runs when windows wakes up from sleep. Create a Scheduled Task.

This is the trigger
triggers.jpg

This is the batch file setup; Please create it in c:\batch - something SIMPLE!!! Also Create a shortcut to MediaPortal.exe in c:\batch and rename it to MediaPortal.

First, open notepad, save it as launch.bat (this is so no pop up happens)
Code:
wscript.exe c:\batch\invis.vbs c:\batch\wakefromsleep.bat

Save and close

Next one to create is invis.vbs
Code:
CreateObject("Wscript.Shell").Run """" & WScript.Arguments(0) & """", 0, False

Next one to create is wakefromsleep.bat
Code:
taskkill /f /IM MediaPortal.exe

PING 1.1.1.1 /N 3 /W 1000 > NUL

start c:\message.vbs (Optional)

rem net stop TVService

rem net start TVService

taskkill /IM wscript.exe (Optional)

start c:\MediaPortal

I have REM (removed) some lines as they didn't help.

Last create a message.bat, this pops up to let you know :):) Optional
Code:
x=msgbox("---->PLEASE WAIT WHILE MEDIA PORTAL IS RESTARTED<----" ,0, "MEDIAPORTAL")

Make sure that ALL files are saved it c:\batch

c:\batch has the following files

invis.vbs
launch.bat
message.vbs
MediaPortal (shortcut)
wakefromsleep.bat

Hope this helps!!

Regards
Chris
MediaPortal Fan

Users who are viewing this thread