Ongoing Wall mounted HTPC (Now with updated pics) (1 Viewer)

eetaylog

Portal Pro
March 6, 2007
South London
Home Country
England England
hmm, yeah its a 42" Q97 and it looks like im running it on the same settings, but i dont seem to have this problem. Im running it on a DVI to HDMI cable, maybe this is why?

AIstudio

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2007
    Blackpool
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Very nice indeed.
    It is sooooooooo satisfying when a plan comes together. Well done and I hope you have lots of spare time, and space to enjoy the whole setup :D

Good job

Regards

Kev

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    yea i get annoyed with loosing the just scan too. i wish there was a way to force just scan mode only. i might try running it with DVI->HDMI adaptor to see if that does anything for the just scan. you could solve it by posting the boot screen to a 2nd dummy display using a gefen dvi detective.

jonaskp

Portal Pro
    October 23, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    you could solve it by posting the boot screen to a 2nd dummy display using a gefen dvi detective.
    I wish I understood what this meant. You mean like attaching a cable without a screen attached and then booting to this display?
    I suppose some sort of special cable is needed?

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    just google gefen dvi detective
    its a 2 inch box with short dvi cable
    you can program it by pressing a button while it is attached to a display eg monitor or tv
    it then copies the edid tags from the display
    you then plug it into the computer and it believes the display is always attached and always on.
    you can have it pluged in on its own, or you can have it piggy backed eg.
    HTPC DVI PORT -> DVI Detective -> DVI:HDMI adaptor -> Projector.
    it solves the problem when you loose your extended display settings when u turn off the projector etc...

cost is $60USD, so not sure if it is worth it, but it might solve your problem about bios screen being posted to the lcd tv. a better solution is probably just to use S3 sleep and not turn the htpc off.

jonaskp

Portal Pro
    October 23, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I use hibernate, so thats why I get to Bios first.

And 60$ is probably a bit too much, since I am hoping that we will buy a new screen soon (PS50B855 when it is released).

So for now my solution will just be to wait turning the TV on. I actually had this working quite well, using the plugin IR server Suite, which can send IR commands (via the built-in blaster in the MCE remote reciever) to my tv, when the HTPC is on/is turned off. I could then send the IR command to toggle the TV on/off, which solved my problem.
    Unfortunately this was on a Vista Licensed that stopped working (originally for a Dell Laptop, so I guess thats why), so I'm gonna try Win7 RC1 and see how that turns out.

[edit]Thanks for the suggestion btw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom