Want two clients zbox? (1 Viewer)

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Bolton, Lancashire, England
    Home Country
    England England
    There is a long thread >>here<< about the Zotac AD10 which uses the E350 and ATI graphics; so a slightly lower spec than the RL70. It could be that if this is OK with the E350, then the E450 MUST be better.

Sorry I can't be of more use.

Phathid

Portal Member
    February 23, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    ive opted for the RL70 so fingers crossed, specs say it should do the job

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Most important thing on such systems is GPU. The ID80 has a Nvidia GT520 which really is a good choice for HTPC Usage. You can choose between DXVA and CUDA. Next best is AMD HD 6130 from all E350/E450 systems (like all AMD-ATI GPU it's DXVA only). Then comes the ION2 GPU, than the first generation ION. Both can make use of DXVA and CUDA but their overall performance is not as good as HD6130. Lower GPU are not enough for 1080i playback at all.
    The CPU is not that important as you always can switch to less power consuming Skins. E.G don't use StreamedMP, get yourself one of the PureVisionHD skins. This will speed up system enough to give a nice interface feeling. Nevertheless it's better if the CPU has as much power as possible in this segment.

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Hi there,

Great comments/feedback from various people.

One thing to be aware of with Nettop/Small integrated units is that they can be noisy - Most have small little fans that can generate a little noise once you get the CPU/GPU to work hard.

J.

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    Phathid,

Having just read some reviews it seems a good little unit.

Can you keep us posted of how it works out for you? Any probs setting up etc?

There are always questions from others on small MP clients and it is useful to be able to say which unit gives a better performance and which doesn't. All feedback helps the MP community give others support.

Phathid

Portal Member
    February 23, 2012
    Home Country
    i am new to mp and no expert on PCs but will post my findings as soon as i get things up and running, should be in next couple of weeks (just got TV card). Will also test suggestions or requests from other members

will open a thread in next week or so

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    We were all new to MP once ;)

It is a steep learning curve, but that is because it can do soooo much!

My pals (when they come around) like what it can do. One mate is especially envious as he is paying about £90 per month to Sky for multiroom, and I can pretty much do the same thing and have YouTube, iPlayer and all the other catch up services too plus other stuff without the monthly fee.

If you have any probs just ask and some one will always help out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom