Wanted: Athlon X2 5050e CPU (1 Viewer)

RobNorthcott

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2007
    Dartmoor, England
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    If anybody's got one going spare after an upgrade or whatever, or knows where there are any for sale new (I can't find one), please let me know.

Thanks,

Rob

Seidelin

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2006
    Kgs. Lyngby
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Why not get an athlon x2 235e. They have the same TDP (45 W), but are of a more modern architecture.

RobNorthcott

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2007
    Dartmoor, England
    Home Country
    Why not get an athlon x2 235e. They have the same TDP (45 W), but are of a more modern architecture.
    Mostly because I don't know if my board supports it. The last bios update added support for the 5050e (and others), but the later ones are not listed, so presumably would not be detected properly. If I can find a 5050e I can just throw it in and I know it'll work. Another possibility would be a late 5400+ or 5600+ Brisbane, but they're 65W.

Of course, if you have a source that says a 235e will work in my mobo (MSI K9N6 - see my system spec) then that's excellent...
    (it's an AM2 board so I don't think it can use AM2+ or AM3 CPUs)

Rob

Seidelin

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2006
    Kgs. Lyngby
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I have two amd5050e cpu's mounted in two of my pc's. If you volunteer to come by and exchange one of the CPU's with a 235e, you are most welcome to make the exchange here. Geography probably prevents that. Good luck in your hunt.

RobNorthcott

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2007
    Dartmoor, England
    Home Country
    Ha! Thanks for the offer - as you say, rather a long way to go for a CPU :)

Seriously though, although I'm not quite desperate enough to do a straight swap with a 235e I would give you a good price for a 5050e if you're willing to sell one and post it (and it would give you an excuse to upgrade!)

Rob

mdbarber

Portal Pro
    February 19, 2007
    Home Country
    I have a 4850e in mine, and my board can support the new x2s, what are you proposing?

RobNorthcott

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2007
    Dartmoor, England
    Home Country
    I have a 4850e in mine, and my board can support the new x2s, what are you proposing?
    Thanks - I would have made you an offer, but I've just found a 4450e (got it yesterday in fact!) which is working nicely. My 3200+ occasionally struggled a bit under heavy use, but the extra core has made everything happy again :)

Rob

Users who are viewing this thread