[WANTED] Silverstone LC11M (silver) case (1 Viewer)

shaamone

Portal Member
December 18, 2006
Anybody got one for sale, they seem pretty rare but should suit my limited under Tv space just right :)

shaamone

Portal Member
December 18, 2006
:) thanks for the reply, I'll have a squint at Froogle.

Have you managed to get the built in LCD of the LC11M working with media portal? Or did you add a third party device?

This is the only thing I need to clarify before going ahead and making a purchase.

:D

level20peon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 4, 2007
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It is possible to use MediaPortal as input for the LCD with the right plugin and configuration. You can find information about this in the MediaPortal Forum.
    I didn't even try however. There are two reasons for this:
    1. The integrated IR function won't work anymore. I need this function to control my HTPC with an IR remote-control (might be obsolete in the future when I use something else).
    2. Even more important (for me) is that the graphic Equalizer won't work anymore. The purpose of using an LCD for MediaPortal is to display information like Track Number and / or title and such things. I don't need to see what Movie I am watching on an LCD display when the movie is currently shown on a big TV screen. So I prefer to see a graphic equalizer on the LCD instead.
    It might be possible to combine these features sometime in the future using LCD Smartie for example but up to now this application doesn't support displaying of a graphical equalizer at all.

So my LCD shows things like temperature or system stats in idle mode and acts as a graphic equalizer when there is sound output.

-level20peon

yumcimil

Portal Member
    December 18, 2005
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Watch the heat - I had one running an X2-3800, and it really struggled with cooling - the design's not particularly efficient, sadly. They do really look stunning though. Getting the VFD running displaying media info just worked, as soon as I enabled the relevant plugin.

Also, the risers don't work at all well. All things considered, I'd suggest avoiding them, even if you could find one. Mine (black, sorry) is sitting in a corner, having been replaced with a LC-16.

shaamone

Portal Member
    December 18, 2006
    Thanks for the cooling advice :)

I'd probably run a quite low specced and passively cooled VGA card.

I'm really looking for a silver version, but if the price is right I'd consider the black one - are you selling?

yumcimil

Portal Member
    December 18, 2005
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Passive cooling will not work, at all - I tried it with a couple of the low-end cards, and wound up just about melting them. There's no airflow whatsoever across the area where the GPU sits, also, remember it's all inverted, so the heat's just going up towards the motherboard.

I live in New Zealand, so shipping is likely to be rather more money than the case is worth, but if you're really desperate, let me know. I'd really suggest finding something better designed.. (and tell us!)

Users who are viewing this thread