Watchdog Logfiles do not include FanartHandler.xml (1 Viewer)

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just wanted to debug a users Fanart issue, found out that FanartHandler.xml is not included in the Debug Log zip files. I think it would be very usefull to add (if available).

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Just wanted to debug a users Fanart issue, found out that FanartHandler.xml is not included in the Debug Log zip files. I think it would be very usefull to add (if available).

Use the middle option and it will be there. The top option is only for features that ship with MP (so plugins, skins etc) so it is only these things that get logged in debug mode.

Did you select the middle option when you launched the debug tool?

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi jameson_uk

I just found it strange that the fanarthandler.log is included, but the fanarthandler.xml is not. So either fanart is a trusted plugin that should run in testing mode or it is not (not half trusted).

The thread I am looking at is : https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/newcomers-forum-240/new-install-cover-art-not-loading-97966/

I checked on my installation and found that it never includes the FanartHandler.xml (even though it allways includes the FanartHandler.log )

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi jameson_uk

I just found it strange that the fanarthandler.log is included, but the fanarthandler.xml is not. So either fanart is a trusted plugin that should run in testing mode or it is not (not half trusted).

Ahhh good point... the xml files are not stored in the log file directory so are not picked up. This is designed to only pickup logfiles but perhaps you are right in that the config xml files should also be picked up

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.5 Media Source DE
    @Brownard, just a stupid question. Yes it works now by manually entering the path. However when i try to edit the settings (like because i want to disable the share watch) I can select my Media Source, however i seems to only briefly been shown and the goes back to the list. So i cannot actually edit it. Can et bee due to the "long"...
    @Brownard, just a stupid question. Yes it works now by manually entering the path. However when i try to edit the settings (like...
    I had to replace my NAS and after reinstalling a new one i thought. Lets modify the Media Source. - However that did not work "if"...
    Replies
    Views
    So not 100% sure if this is a MyTVSeries or FanArt issue, but the episode thumbnails always revert to the series default after restart. If you go to an episode and open the options and pick choose artwork then choose episode thumbnail it shows the correct thumbnail and says it is remote. Click on it and it goes local instantly and...
    So not 100% sure if this is a MyTVSeries or FanArt issue, but the episode thumbnails always revert to the series default after...
    So not 100% sure if this is a MyTVSeries or FanArt issue, but the episode thumbnails always revert to the series default after...
    Replies
    Views
    Installing other software, especially MP1, which is partly sharing Tv service with MP2, can make everything worse. Please upload your debug log files, if you want to solve the issue.
    Installing other software, especially MP1, which is partly sharing Tv service with MP2, can make everything worse. Please upload...
    Before you create this bug report: Make sure that your system (Windows, codecs and drivers) is up to date, matching the...
    Replies
    Views
    @Brownard another logs of failed installations. I'll take a look into the user management. Edit: I can confirm user management is completey broken with NET4 and NET6 :( Neither an existing profile can be selected nor a new one can be created.
    @Brownard another logs of failed installations. I'll take a look into the user management. Edit: I can confirm user management is...
    Description: Hi there. First of all, I appreciate all the effort in MediaPortal 2 release 2.5 - visible changes look great (eg...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 [solved] usb tuner not listed DE
    Installed LAV filters and codec and now it works,
    Installed LAV filters and codec and now it works,
    New install win 11. have hauppauge 955q usb tuner astc. I see it in device manager under sound video game controllers. i did...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom