Watching TV does only work the first time (1 Viewer)

Hammermensch

Portal Pro
September 19, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
TV-Server Version:
MediaPortal Version: 1.0.2
MediaPortal Skin: Blue3 Wide
Windows Version: Windows Vista - Autoupdate
CPU Type: AthlonXP X2 4200+
HDD: WD 320GB
Memory: 2x512MB + 1x1GB Ram
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H
Video Card: integrated ATI X3200
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card: integrated
Sound Card AC3: optical out
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Technisat Skystar HD 2
1. TV Card Type: DVC-S2
1. TV Card Driver: 1.1
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: Sunflower
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

Hi there, I have a problem since a few months. I doont remember when it began. Its the following. Im watching TV, then stop it and then turn it on again. Then it doesnt work, instead of this the message of "unable to ... graph" comes. You know what message i mean. It doesnt matter if i watch only 5 seconds or 5 hours tv. And it also doesnt matter how long the time between the two tv-watching is.

My workaround is to start "services.msc" and restart tvservice.exe. Then it works again.

I made some logs. I startet MP, startet tv, stopped tv, startet again tv. then the graph unable-message comes and then i quit.

I have also completely deinstalled the MP and made it new. I only imported the programs. The programm is still there since 1.0.0 or 1.0.1, cant remember

Hammermensch

Portal Pro
September 19, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
I installed Windows Vista again, this time 64bit and only imported the programm-list. Its the same prob again. This is veeeery boring :( Do you have no idea???

HTPC-AC

Portal Member
June 13, 2009
I do have kind of the same problem, and would be very much interested when a solution comes up.

When I start the tv-server all clients can access their tv-sections - everything is just perfect. When I close them and reopen the application on the client it still works though.
BUT after some time (a half hour or so) none of the clients is able to show the tv stream again! There's no error message.

There are no special Plugins installed, that I'm aware of.

The Setup is:

Server:
XPP SP3 with MP 1.0.2 and two SkyStar (Skystar 2 and Skystar HD2)

Various Clients:
XPP SP2
XPP SP3
Vista 32 SP1

At first I thought it's a Firewall Problem, but all Software-Firewalls on the PCs involved are disabled - and then it can't work and then stop working because of a firewall problem.
Then I thought it's a problem with another service (VNC, Slimserver (on the tv-server-machine), VM-Ware etc.) but I disabled all these and the problem was the same.

I'm not really seeing any logged errors - neither in the mp-logs nor the windows logs.
Actually the server seems to log the client events without any errors , but I could've misread that...

As I said - would be very nice to solve that one, because there's no point in using the system if you have to restart everytime you want to watch tv!

HTPC-AC

Portal Member
June 13, 2009
Oh come on guys...
Not that I know what the problem is (I can't even figure whether it's server or client exactly), but it really can't be that hard. Client problem is really unlikely though (because I use different setups), so it's a server thing. I sure don't know what's under the hood there, and I don't want to sound like I do, but it must be some file or stream not being closed, or some buffer not emptied, really.
I'd love to give more info (regarding logs and whatnots) to help and solve this issue - me, I just don't know where to look debugging-wise. Maybe there's someone who could just point me in the right direction.

Hammermensch

Portal Pro
September 19, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
I found my problem. I dont know why, but after deinstalling AC3-Filter my problems has gone. Now I have to find another good AC3-Codec

HTPC-AC

Portal Member
June 13, 2009
Great. Something's happening!

Now, HOW did you uninstall the filter? Which filter was it, how do I find the info about the filter?
What new filter are you going to use?

Thanks!

Hammermensch

Portal Pro
September 19, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
just as simple as removing all programs on windows ^^

i installed it by myself. remove it with "software" in hmm, i dont know how it is called in english. just remove it like other software ^^

chemelli
i will try it. hope this guys renew their building sometime

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom