Weather/Rss (1 Viewer)

bluesk1d

Portal Member
June 11, 2009
Orange County, CA
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I just joined the MediaPortal gang so I am a total n00b but at least I am a quick learner. I am coming from a NMT PopcornHour A-110 so the eye candy and features of MediaPortal and especially this skin are blowing my mind!

I am sure I am just doing something dumb here but I cannot get the weather or RSS to work. I am using R219 downloaded yesterday and I installed the newest version of the InfoService plugin (V0.85) as stated in the X-Factor FAQ. I disabled the MP-RSS plugin but all I get is what looks like variables in both the weather and RSS areas of the skin.

Weather shows things like #TODAYTEMP where the temp should be and the ticker just says #RSS

Can someone point me in the right direction?

:D

bluesk1d

Portal Member
June 11, 2009
Orange County, CA
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
That common.basichome.weather.xml fixed the weather. Thanks so much for that!

The RSS is not working still for some weird reason even though I corrected that xml value that still references the old RSS plugin. I can live without it though. I have completely deleted the xfactor skin folder, cache folder and plugin dll and restored them from the original archive. However, when I launch the xfactor config plugin all the values are how I had them before. I can't figure out where it is getting this info. I originally noticed this when I was attempting to re-add the OnlineVideos module that is included in the stock basichome.xml. No matter what I do to try to reset xfactor completely back to default settings, I can't get it to "forget" what I have done. If no one knows where xfactor keeps finding my old config, how do you completely remove all traces of the xfactor skin so I can start over?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom