Weather Satelite images. . .flexibility (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

I was hoping that satelite images could be made to take the entire screen. . .like by pressing X. . .

Or maybe center oversized pictures rather than shrinking. The satelite image I watch the most often is really hard to read shrunk down the way it is. . .

Maybe the photo could be a link to click to open in a full browser??

A

Anonymous

TechFan said:
I was hoping that satelite images could be made to take the entire screen. . .like by pressing X. . .

I like this idea, has any one looked into this?

A

Anonymous

How about the flexibilty to show satelite images of where I happen to be....I think it might be a config issue, but regardless of what zipcode (I am US) I use, my sat pic is of northern europe?

dp

A

Anonymous

That is already an option. Once you add the zip into MP, you have to configure your own satelite image. I am not in front of MP at the moment, so I can't give you more specifics. . .Let me know if you can't find it.

A

Anonymous

I've mentioned this before but...

I would like the ablitily to use a loop of static gifs.

In Australian, the Bureau of Meteorology provides good animated radar pictures. However, they are actually a loop of four static gifs. See here for an example:

http://mirror.bom.gov.au/products/IDR372.loop.shtml#image

Any Australian developer like to add support for this? Or can someone suggest an alternative source?

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    pakman,

click on the city you want a sat pic for,
    click opn edit and you get a huge line to insert a sat image URL.

This is also in the manual....

A

Anonymous

anybody have a good source for north american (canadian / manitoban in particular) weather maps? weather.ca has awesome ones, but they present them as sequential jpg's, with no specific url to the current one. The html points to the latest image url :(

A

Anonymous

Meat_PoPsiclez said:
    anybody have a good source for north american (canadian / manitoban in particular) weather maps? weather.ca has awesome ones, but they present them as sequential jpg's, with no specific url to the current one. The html points to the latest image url :(

I use wunderground.com for my US pics. You also might want to try accu-weather. Seems to me they have animated GIFs of Canadian Provences.

I quickly found this on accuweather...

http://radar.accuweather.com/adcbin...her&nxtype=sir&getArea=MBC&type=loop&x=50&y=9

Cheers!
    Lowell

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom