WeatherEye WEA22 (1 Viewer)

JDWestoby

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 9, 2008
    Poltimore, Devon
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Plugin to interface MediaPortal to WeatherEye's WEA22 weather station (via USB).

Installing
    ================================
    Everything in the zip. Downoad, extract it.

Assuming that MediaPortal is installed on the current PC in the default locations, run SetupMP.Cmd.

Setup pauses to show the path being used. If incorrect then edit Setup.Cmd.

Configuration

Assumes MediaPortal stopped (will not load plugins except at startup).

Dis/Enable the WEA22Plugin, using MediaPortalConfig (installs enabled).

Usage

Start MediaPortal and select WeatherEye button.

Refresh button reads the current values from the WEA22 weather station.
    Reset effectively zeroes the rainfall datum base value. (No such thing as absolute rainfall!)

ANY problems I would like to hear about, it is VERY simple and there is a technical description of what it does in a later message.

TECH STUFF

The WEA22 class interface to the USB port and gets EEPROM values from the WEA22.
    It converts these into sensible program values.

Huge thanks to Weather Eye for sending me a test program and structure details.
    Without this I would have had a MUCH harder time (if ever) getting this to work!

Possible issues/extensions
    ===============================

Convert the wind direction to a compass (prettier) and make the screen more user friendly.
    Rather than just a whole chunk of text!

Rather dull at the moment but I'll see about tarting it up a bit later.

This was actually written for the HomeSeer side (where it DOES have practical uses and just thought I'd add it to MediaPortal - for fun!)

Attachments

• HSPI_WEA22.zip
      30.6 KB

mpf

Portal Member
    April 23, 2007
    Grünberg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello JDWestoby,

this is exactily what i am looking for :oops:.But i want to read Data from a Ws-2300 weather station (rs232).
    Is it possible too?:D

mpf

JDWestoby

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 9, 2008
    Poltimore, Devon
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Don't have one...

...so I couldn't say.

Best bet is to ask the supplier/manufacturer if they have a data sheet/info that gives the communications between the weather station and the PC.

No reason they shouldn't give it to you since by definition you HAVE to have the station to make the information useful. Doesn't mean that they will of course :D

If it is RS232 then the answer is absolutely, what you get depends on the protocol and capabilities.

"Even" my plugin isn't perfect but I mainly did it to interface to my HomeSeer system and just added the MediaPortal as a 'nice thing to do' - never really USE it from MP!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom