Web development and wiki (1 Viewer)

quiller

Portal Pro
November 28, 2006
Nebraska
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I've only been using MediaPortal for about a month now, but already I love it. The community here is great, pretty responsive and I've yet to encounter too many unanswered threads (very important for retention and growth). Therefore, I've decided to try and throw my support into the project. I'm not a programmer, though, and I'm definitely not a creative person, so working on the actual program or skins aren't going to be my thing.

My question(s), then, is what place does the community have for an experienced web developer? My strengths lie in XHTML/CSS/Javascript, so I'm interesting in courting the web-scheduling plug-in team, but I'd also be happy to help out with the forums, main site, or any other web-based projects. My problem isn't interest or time or whatnot, it's confusion on who's in charge of what and where I go to offer my assistance?

Speaking of confusion: the wiki is frustrating, and I plan to make a difference there, as well. I'm soon to be graduating with an English degree, so theoretically I can write competently... Is there an existing thread dedicated to the wiki or, failing that, an IRC room, etc? It seems to me that having a specific team of people interested in maintaining the documentation would be a huge step in the right direction. I have plenty of ideas on this track, so if anyone is interested, feel free to IM/PM/whatever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom