Web Services (1 Viewer)

pegisys

Portal Member
September 13, 2006
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Happy New Year everyone.

I don't know where to put this but I was writing a program that hopefully, if it ever gets to a usable state, will be made into a plugin for MP.

What the program does is traverse directories and tag mp3s from the directory structure.

I made this program because I have a lot of mp3 that are not tagged but they are all organized by directory
e.g. F:\Music\Artist Name\Album Title\

so it is pretty easy to get the artist and album info, and that was all I set out to do. That worked pretty well, and I could now sort my music by artist or album, but I decided to take it a step further and that is why I'm here.

I wanted to know is there any web service out there that offers music info only. I have been looking into using the amazon web service because it will give me enough info to do what I need but it's pretty heavy

any suggestions are welcome

:D in advance

Maschine

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 15, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hmm, I think I didn't get your aim yet...

If you just want to have the artist and album information from your folder structure to use it in MP I think it would be easier to use an MP3 tagger. Most of those can create ID3-Tags from the directory structure. MP can then read the tags and import the data to the DB.

Because you were asking for webservices: I think last.fm also offers some services, but didn't look at those yet...

Maschine

pegisys

Portal Member
    September 13, 2006
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I had gotten the album and artist info from the folders, I already did that much and it works great, basically what I want now is track name, track number, year, song length.

My ideal service would let you search by artist and album and it would return the track info. I figured I could compare the song length between what is returned and what I have and get decent results.

I have tried some mp3 tagger programs that do something similar but they all seem to need more user interaction then I want to give it.

My program is fully automatic, but I have not used all tagger programs so it may be on that does exactly what I want and I don't know about it.

thanks I will see what last.fm has to offer

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom