Web site typo's and small errors (1 Viewer)

onkl

Portal Pro
February 18, 2005
Wageningen
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Maybe we could have a sticky where everyone can dump those small and pesky typo's and other relatively trivial errors in the main page, so that they can be fixed once one of the site admins is on maintenance (and in the mood for it :))
After all, it would be OK to have them corrected, yet to start full topics over a typo... Might be slightly overdone. Would the admins prefer another approach, please say so.

As a kick-off:

If you go to the main repository page, you might see that the last word in the page title (so next to your Firefox/IE icon in the far up left) is "remository".

pbb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 30, 2006
    Trondheim
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    As a kick-off:

If you go to the main repository page, you might see that the last word in the page title (so next to your Firefox/IE icon in the far up left) is "remository".

that isn't a typo, it's the name of a well known Joomla's plugin

But what does this Joomla plugin have to do with MediaPortal? Unless this term is hardcoded, wouldn't it be better to stick to MediaPortal terminology (and, if not defined in MediaPortal, then general terminology) instead of Joomla's?

blogo

Portal Member
    July 6, 2006
    Sandnes
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Is it possible to make the community link not open in a new window. A web page should never decide if the content should open i a new windows, it is up to the user.

pbb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 30, 2006
    Trondheim
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Is it possible to make the community link not open in a new window. A web page should never decide if the content should open i a new windows, it is up to the user.

I agree with this. While I understand the idea to open links to other (sub)domains in new windows, there is a few things:

• The wiki, which is also on it's own subdomain, does not open in a new window.
    • The community webpages repeat the same linkbar on top as the main website. This way, clicking on the Community link opens a second window, then clicking on the Home link opens the homepage in the second window, clicking on Community again opens a third webpage, etc.

The community pages are clearly tightly integrated in the MP website, and should not open in a new window.

This situation is even worse for links to and in the SVN-Changelog; each link in https://www.team-mediaportal.com/news_feeds/mediaportal/svn-changelog.html links to exactly the same page, but all open in a new window...

Peter

blogo

Portal Member
    July 6, 2006
    Sandnes
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Also, if you want to open the link in a new window you can always scroll/ctrl-click the link. Opening the link in the same window on the other hand is not that easy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom