WebCam Player (1 Viewer)

PTCoder

Portal Member
April 11, 2006
PORTUGAL
Home Country
Portugal Portugal
I have just uploaded a plugin the allows you to use your webcam form inside MediaPortal.
Source is also in the file...be aware that i'm a small microcontrolers assembler programmer not a c# programmer, so expect a few bugs!
I wrote this in a learning experience, my goal is making a videoconference plugin between two MP's.
I asked for help in the forum and got none!
So thanks and enjoy...

Download link:https://www.team-mediaportal.com/files/startdown/289/

xemumanic

Portal Pro
March 19, 2006
East Strondsburg PA
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Oddly, it doesnt detect my Xbox 360 Camera, which works fine is everything, but doesnt in this plugin. In fact, while I see my VIVO input as well as my tuner card, I cant view either. When I select PCCamPlayer in My Plugins, it just goes back to the menu.

It would have been a great side-effect to be able to view my VIVO input from within MP.

PTCoder

Portal Member
April 11, 2006
PORTUGAL
Home Country
Portugal Portugal
LOL

yeah, I have only tested it with a couple of cameras...
TIVO?!?!? in Portugal we don't even know what this means so...it should be easy to change the setup of the directshow filter to connect to the correct pin but i had to own one... maybe thats the prob with the webcam too, with my cameras i used the preview pin, maybe yours only have the capture one, try changing in ICamPlayer.cs:

captureGraphBuilder.RenderStream(PinCategory.Preview, null, sourceFilter, null, DirectShowUtil.GetFilterByName(graphBuilder, "Video Mixing Renderer 9"));

to

captureGraphBuilder.RenderStream(PinCategory.Capture, null, sourceFilter, null, DirectShowUtil.GetFilterByName(graphBuilder, "Video Mixing Renderer 9"));

If possible send me the mp logs!

Thanks for the comment!

xemumanic

Portal Pro
March 19, 2006
East Strondsburg PA
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Not TIVO, VIVO (Video In Video Out). My video card has VIVO, which is basically a Video Input option on some video cards. I use this to connect older console video game systems (with a switch).

BoelShit

Portal Pro
November 6, 2005
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I love the plugin, now i can watch my grass grow without looking outside ;-)
But it doesnt seem to work correctly when using the Widescreen skin. I'll try to find out if i can make it work.

EDIT: It doesn't seem to work when using it in Full screen :( Only windowed mode I can get the image of the Webcam.

BoelShit

Portal Pro
November 6, 2005
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I did a quick fix for the CamPlayer part and the DirectX exclusive mode. My cam didnt show an image when MP is fullscreen and that was due to the fact CamPlayer enabled the directX exclusive mode.

I changed this:

// switch back to directx fullscreen mode
Log.Info("CamPlayer: Enabling DX9 exclusive mode");
GUIMessage msg = new GUIMessage(GUIMessage.MessageType.GUI_MSG_SWITCH_FULL_WINDOWED, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, null);
GUIWindowManager.SendMessage(msg);

to this:

// switch back to directx fullscreen mode
Log.Info("CamPlayer: Disabling DX9 exclusive mode");
GUIMessage msg = new GUIMessage(GUIMessage.MessageType.GUI_MSG_SWITCH_FULL_WINDOWED, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, null);
GUIWindowManager.SendMessage(msg);

I know it's not real great fix and it should be taken out of completely from source but at least it works for me now.

If you want I can talk about it on MSN or something :D

BoelShit

Portal Pro
November 6, 2005
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I changed some things to the source and the skin file. I added you on MSN so I can tell and show what I did.

Ciao

PTCoder

Portal Member
April 11, 2006
PORTUGAL
Home Country
Portugal Portugal
Finally

Finally it works, with someone...
I would love to ear about your mods...as i sayd i'm not a c# programmer but i would love to help develop MP!
My next step with this plugin is multicam support (at the same time) with the picture being devided...next and finnaly the ability to send/receive audio/video to another MP

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom