h.264 Video Codec: CoreAVC 185
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Astra 19.2°E/Hotbird 13°E
HTPC Case: Zalman HD160
Cooling: Noctua NH-U9F / Noctua NC-U6 / NF-R8
Power Supply: Seasonic SS-301HT
Remote: MCE over IRTrans
TV: Sharp Aquos LC-46 XD1E
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

When I try to use the option Externel (Use IE) I get the following error - see attachments. There are some findings when searching in google about this specific error - seems to be an issue in other applications as well.

Then I have a question about the timezone in the grabber. There is a long thread - but it seems I just don't get it.
I made a grabber for recordeuropa - see attachments. The timetable on the homepage is in W. Europe Standard Time or UTC or Greenwitch Time (London/Lisbon).
I'm in UTC+1 (Paris/Berlin/Vienna) so in the grabbing process the time should be offseted by 1 hour. The problem is, that this does not happen. If I enter the EPG of Mediaportal the timetable is exactly the same as it is on the site where I grab the info.
Maybe the string timezone="W. Europe Standard Time" I used is not correct :confused:

Thanks for any help

Attachments

• WebEPG DesignerError.jpg
    WebEPG DesignerError.jpg
    21.1 KB
  • Timezone.JPG
    Timezone.JPG
    31 KB
  • WebEPG Designer Error.zip
    30.7 KB
  • www_recordeuropa_com.xml
    30.7 KB

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    When I try to use the option Externel (Use IE) I get the following error - see attachments. There are some findings when searching in google about this specific error - seems to be an issue in other applications as well.
    WebEPGDesigner has not yet been ported to TVServer, and I haven't looked at the code yet. I also cannot understand the error message because it is not in English, but I assume it complains about missing SHDocVw.dll, so make sure you have this file in the same directory as WebEPGDesigner. Other than that I cannot offer much more help.

A word of caution though:
    The "External" option uses a hidden IE window to grab site data. This option existed in the old WebEPG (pre 1.1.0) that was running as a standalone application on the user desktop. The current WebEPG plugin runs within the TVServer process that in turn runs as a service. This may be a problem since services do not have a desktop and IE requires a desktop. Up to now there was no grabber using this option (presumably because there are other problems as well) so the External option has not been tested at all, although I expect it to fail. As a matter of fact, it was considered to be removed entirely, but I opted to leave it in to see if it will eventually be needed and if that happens see how to handle the issues.

So have in mind that your grabber may not work in 1.1.0 beta and later (it may work when started manually in SetupTV but fail when scheduled to run in TVService). If that happens, as a workaround, try allowing TVService to interact with the desktop. You ca do this from Computer Management -> Services -> right click TVService and select Properties -> Log On tab -> check Allow service to interact with desktop. Press OK and then restart the service.

Then I have a question about the timezone in the grabber. There is a long thread - but it seems I just don't get it.
    I made a grabber for recordeuropa - see attachments. The timetable on the homepage is in W. Europe Standard Time or UTC or Greenwitch Time (London/Lisbon).
    I'm in UTC+1 (Paris/Berlin/Vienna) so in the grabbing process the time should be offseted by 1 hour. The problem is, that this does not happen. If I enter the EPG of Mediaportal the timetable is exactly the same as it is on the site where I grab the info.
    Maybe the string timezone="W. Europe Standard Time" I used is not correct :confused:

• W. Europe Standard Time is "(GMT+01:00) Amsterdam, Berlin, Bern, Rome, Stockholm, Vienna": UTC+01 STD / UTC+02 DST
    • GMT Standard Time is "(GMT) Greenwich Mean Time : Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London": UTC+00 STD / UTC+01 DST
    • UTC is "(GMT) Coordinated Universal Time": obviously UTC+00 STD/DST
    So you would need timezone="GMT Standard Time" (unless the site really is in UTC, i.e. no daylight saving time).

You can see all timezones using regedit under keys:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Time Zones
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Time Zones
    Each subkey is a timezone.and its name is the value of Std The subkey name is the "language invariant" name of the timezone while the localized name can found in the Std entry of the subkey.

BugsBunny

Portal Pro
    April 22, 2006
    Tirol
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Thanks for your help and patience with me arion_p!

Regarding the error of WebEPGDesigner - I already tried to copy the shdocvw.dll into the WebEPGDesigner program dir, but this didn't help, but anyway this is not so important. I've got one site that uses some javascript to set the date so I wanted to try the IE option. There's an xml version available that I got nearly working with WebEPGDesigner exept for some entries that are causing problems. I will rather try to fix it there than to use the IE option.

Thanks a lot for the detailed explanation of the time zones. I played around a bit before and actualy used the entry of a grabber that came with MP 1.0.2 from portugal that has obviously the wrong time zone in the grabber...

I've now tried timezone="GMT Standard Time" but it still does not work. Did also use the option to clear the entire epg, to be sure the import is correct. I'm using a German Windows:
    Code:
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Time Zones\GMT Standard Time]
    "Display"="(GMT) Dublin, Edinburgh, Lissabon, London"
    "Dlt"="GMT-Sommerzeit"
    "Std"="GMT-Normalzeit"
    "MapID"="0,1"
    "Index"=dword:00000055
    "TZI"=hex:00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,c4,ff,ff,ff,00,00,0a,00,00,00,05,00,02,00,00,\
    Does this mean that I've to take the german string "GMT-Normalzeit" for the grabber application to recognize it correctly?
    Or maybe it does not work because I'm still on MP 1.0.2 and the timezone correction is a feature of MP 1.1.0?
    Edit: OK just read through the other thread and it states this is woking from MP 1.1.0 beta and upwards...
    So I'll wait for 1.1.0 RC1 and check again then.
    :sorry: for bugging...

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    You can see all timezones using regedit under keys:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Time Zones
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Time Zones
    Each subkey is a timezone and its name is the value of Std

Actually I was wrong about this. You can use either the key name or the value of Std. But since the value of Std is the localized name of the timezone, the key name is preferred (otherwise your grabber will only work in one localized version of Windows).

I've now tried timezone="GMT Standard Time" but it still does not work. Did also use the option to clear the entire epg, to be sure the import is correct. I'm using a German Windows:
    Code:
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Time Zones\GMT Standard Time]
    "Display"="(GMT) Dublin, Edinburgh, Lissabon, London"
    "Dlt"="GMT-Sommerzeit"
    "Std"="GMT-Normalzeit"
    "MapID"="0,1"
    "Index"=dword:00000055
    "TZI"=hex:00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,c4,ff,ff,ff,00,00,0a,00,00,00,05,00,02,00,00,\
    Does this mean that I've to take the german string "GMT-Normalzeit" for the grabber application to recognize it correctly?
    Or maybe it does not work because I'm still on MP 1.0.2 and the timezone correction is a feature of MP 1.1.0?
    Edit: OK just read through the other thread and it states this is woking from MP 1.1.0 beta and upwards...
    So I'll wait for 1.1.0 RC1 and check again then.
    :sorry: for bugging...
    Use "GMT Standard Time" (see not above). Timezones are taken into account in 1.0.2 but the calculations are incorrect, so you will have to wait for 1.1.0 RC1 (or you can try Beta1 or current SVNs ;)).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom