WebEPG does not import any programs (1 Viewer)

Khurram

Portal Pro
May 12, 2008
Home Country
Pakistan Pakistan
I have created a grabber as a test case and have configured TVServer with the output file of WebEPG (TVguide.xml). When I try to import it into TVServer, it does not import any programs. This is what I get in the log:
Code:
2008-12-23 15:00:00.765625 [XmlTvImporter]: plugin:xmltv importing C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\xmltv\\tvguide.xml
2008-12-23 15:00:01.000000 [XmlTvImporter]: xmltv import C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\xmltv\\tvguide.xml
2008-12-23 15:00:01.359375 [XmlTvImporter]: Xmltv: imported 1 channels, 0 programs status:
2008-12-23 15:00:01.375000 [XmlTvImporter]: plugin:xmltv import done

My TVguide.xml file is as follows:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE tv SYSTEM "xmltv.dtd">
<tv generator-info-name="WebEPG">
  <channel id="GEO News-Geo News">
    <display-name>GEO News</display-name>
  </channel>
  <programme start="20081223140500" channel="GEO News-Geo News">
    <title>VoA</title>
  </programme>
  <programme start="20081223163000" channel="GEO News-Geo News">
    <title>Tezi Mandee Round Up</title>
  </programme>
  <programme start="20081223180500" channel="GEO News-Geo News">
    <title>Bazaar</title>
  </programme>
  <programme start="20081223183000" channel="GEO News-Geo News">
    <title>Score</title>
  </programme>
  <programme start="20081223193000" channel="GEO News-Geo News">
    <title>VoA</title>
  </programme>
  <programme start="20081223200500" channel="GEO News-Geo News">
    <title>Capital talk</title>
  </programme>
  <programme start="20081223220500" channel="GEO News-Geo News">
    <title>Aaj Kamran Khan Kay Sath</title>
  </programme>
  <programme start="20081223230500" channel="GEO News-Geo News">
    <title>Geo Meray Shehar</title>
  </programme>
</tv>
As far as I can tell, there are no error in the xml file. But it doesnt work :(

Khurram

Portal Pro
May 12, 2008
Home Country
Pakistan Pakistan
Thanks, but that thread talks about a problem in WebEPG-conf. I didnt have any problem running WebEPG-conf.

Are parenthesis allowed in channel ids? It seems that the xmltv plugin in TVServer chokes for those channels which have either a left or right parenthesis in their channel id attribute.

Btw, how is the channel id attribute generated in the TVguide.xml file? In my case, it is concatenating the channel name I have specified in TVServer with the channel id attribute value from the grabber. Is there any way to control this so that it uses only the channel name from TVServer?

Thanks.

Khurram

Portal Pro
May 12, 2008
Home Country
Pakistan Pakistan
You have to do the mapping a 2nd time in the mappings tab in the xmltv plugin for TVServer for the programs to show up:eek: It is difficult to do if you have a large number of channels. I am using RC4. Hopefully, it has been fixed in 1.0 release. I will test that later.

Are parenthesis allowed in channel ids? It seems that the xmltv plugin in TVServer chokes for those channels which have either a left or right parenthesis in their channel id attribute.
The parenthesis are definitely a no no for the channel id attribute. So dont have them in the channel name if you are using WebEPG.

I have one more question. I cant seem to grab epg for more than 1 day. My grabber has the site url using YYYY, MM and DD and the url show data for 1 day at a time. I have changed the Global Settings -> Grab Days to 7, but it only grabs for 1 day.

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    What does webEPG.log say? It will list every web address it's trying to grab from.

Khurram

Portal Pro
    May 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Pakistan Pakistan
    What does webEPG.log say? It will list every web address it's trying to grab from.
    Do you mean it will list the url 7 times if it is grabbing for 7 days (and each url gives data for 1 day)? If so, then it does not work this way for me. WebEPG.log only lists the url once.

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    That's right. It should list 7 URLs. Why don't you attach the xml file and let someone else have a look?

Khurram

Portal Pro
    May 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Pakistan Pakistan
    The xml file is already listed in my first post. Could someone please take a look?

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom