WebEPG: Fail gracefully on IMDB formatting errors (1 Viewer)

nopunin10did

Portal Member
August 4, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hi,

I ran into an issue where the EPG reads poorly when the IMDB TV schedule for a station has a formatting error.

For example, take a look here:
http://www.imdb.com/tvgrid/2015-09-27/WRAZ

In this case, IMDB (or whatever their information source) inserted an 8:30 PM listing prior to the 12:00 AM listing that morning. Moreover, there is a separate 8:30 PM listing later on the page.

The result has been that the EPG shows only one show for the entire day, "College Football" from 8:30 PM to 12:00 AM the next day.

While I'd expect this sort of error to create an unavoidable inaccuracy in the EPG, I think it could probably fail more "gracefully" than this. At most, the "College Football" entry should either disappear or replace the intended 8:30 PM entry ("N. C. Spin").

I've pulled down the source to MediaPortal 1 to look at the WebEPG grabber code. I'm more of a Java programmer than a C-Sharp expert, but it looks to me like the grabber simply pulls down every entry from the web into a List<ProgramData>. Perhaps this should be replaced with a SortedList or SortedSet, using start time as an order?

I've saved a copy of the offending page. I'd be happy to code and test this myself, though I'm not sure how to pass the HTML file directly to the grabber for testing purposes.[DOUBLEPOST=1443449295][/DOUBLEPOST]In case the link becomes dead, here's a snapshot of it:
3a6Zc9y.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom