Lyxalig

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2005
    Norway
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi James.

SO, I've searching the web looking for the ultimate Norwegian tv-guide site, but to no avail. There are a few good ones, where of dagbladet.no is the best one yet.. but it does not contain genre-listings, and the program info is somewhat lacking...
    I found sites containing better "extended" info, and genres, but no rerun-tags, and few epnumber listings.

To the point: I've got an idea... ;)

What if webepg parsed two sites, and then merged the program data?

The identification of programs should be easy enough by matching the time slots.
    Then add missing tags (epnumbering, rerun, descriptions and like.)
    Choose the "longest" program description.

This could be done in more than one way:
    - mp-database import, and webepg taking an argument for choosing what "webepg.xml" template to choose. Webepg runs twice.

- Webepg takes an argument for choosing what "webepg.xml" template to choose. Webepg runs twice spitting out two xml-files. Then imports them into another app that does the merging.

(best case) - Webepg takes "country-templates" that points to "site-templates" to insure consistency. The entire process is done internally (using objects??) behaving like before.

Let me know what you think--- This sure would make the mp-epg one of the most comprehensive available.

andreaswith

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 4, 2006
    Norway
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Good idea! I just tried different grabbers and different sources today, trying to get the best epg, but all sources had their shortcomings, just as you say. If you could do this, it could take the best form the best sites.

James

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 6, 2005
    Switzerland
    I like the way your thinking :)

I would like to say I have planned to include this feature for a long time now ;) and that the new WebEPG was built with this in mind. I was going to wait to it was finished to announce it, but the cat is out of the bag now.

I hope to have this working soon. Until then I would suggest getting the existing sites + any extras working as well as possible.

Cheers,

/James

Lyxalig

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2005
    Norway
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Great news!

I'll get to it shortly.

Just had a look at the sources, and I must say I'm impressed.. little commenting, but the code speaks for it self.. looks very extendable. Looking forward to all the great things to expect from you in the future. :) If you need someone to test, I'm available... and this time, I know some C# as well...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom