[no Bug] Webepg - Manual grabbing (1 Viewer)

jimbeam128

Portal Pro
December 16, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
MediaPortal Version: 1.1 RC1
MediaPortal Skin:
Windows Version: XPSP3
CPU Type:
HDD:
Memory:
Motherboard:
Video Card:
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card:
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

Hi all,

I experienced some things going on when using Webepg with the new built-in plugin, but before here some history:

In MP 1.0.2 there was the wegepg.exe responsible for grabbing the epg. Sometimes the EPG hasn´t been grabbed completly, so some stations were missing. Before I just ran the webepg.exe to rebuild the EPG. After that the EPG has been grabbed completly.

NOW, Webepg is built-in in the TV-Server. It is possible to force a grab by clicking on the "Grab Now!" Button.

BUT there are two problems with the new "solution":

1) When you click on "Grab Now!" the grab start, BUT when you click on OK of the TV-Server config and close the config, the Grab stops!!!! There is no activity on the NIC any more! And I can wait for hours but there does not come any updated EPG. :eek:
I think this can be easily reproduced.

2) I think it would be very useful, to have a possibility to start the EPG-Grab somehow "externally" like before. As mentioned above, we could run the grab by starting the webepg.exe.

For example I´ve got a button on my TV-Remote where I could start that program and so I could force the grab without touching my HTPC with Keyboard and Mouse. I think it would be much more useful if we could start it again from "outside".

Thanks for your attention:D

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    1) When you click on "Grab Now!" the grab start, BUT when you click on OK of the TV-Server config and close the config, the Grab stops!!!! There is no activity on the NIC any more! And I can wait for hours but there does not come any updated EPG. :eek:
    I think this can be easily reproduced.
    This is by design. The "Grab now" was meant to be used to test your configuration. Since it run in the SetupTV process, it is aborted when the process exits (SetupTV closes). If you need it to complete grabbing you have to leave SetupTV running until it finishes.

2) I think it would be very useful, to have a possibility to start the EPG-Grab somehow "externally" like before. As mentioned above, we could run the grab by starting the webepg.exe.

For example I´ve got a button on my TV-Remote where I could start that program and so I could force the grab without touching my HTPC with Keyboard and Mouse. I think it would be much more useful if we could start it again from "outside".
    This is a feature request, you should post in the Improvement Suggestions - MediaPortal Forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom