WebEPG only works when I manually start it, not when the schedule does. (1 Viewer)

piratman

Portal Member
January 11, 2010
MediaPortal Version: 1.2.0 (1.1.7)
MediaPortal Skin:
Windows Version: Win XP pro SP3

When you click on [Grab now] button "to update WebEPG database, but when the schedule makes it so it says in the log
" [WebEPGImporter (17)]: WebEPG: No Listings Found "and no update of the database is done.

What can it be wrong?

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    only thing that comes to mind is that the site did not respond at the time you have scheduled the grab. Did you try at alternate times? Did you try to grab manually just after the schedule has failed?

Another possible cause is the grabber being marked with "external", which means it is using IE to do the downloading. If that is the case, we need to investigate further.

piratman

Portal Member
    January 11, 2010
    Thanks for your reply!
    It is the same error about no matter how I do.
    Could it be better if I install Windows 7 instead of the computer?
    Manages program feature different if you press the button or schedule and do it?

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    The difference when run manually the grabbing executes with the currently logged on user's privileges. When scheduled it executes as the LocalSystem account (less privileged builtin user for running local services).

Another difference might be firewall rules. Manually it runs in the SetupTV process, while scheduled it runs under TVService's process.

piratman

Portal Member
    January 11, 2010
    You are absolutely right, I changed how the service "TVservice" would log in and now it works.

Thank you very much for your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom