WebEPG - ontvtonight.com USTV grabber file (1 Viewer)

Jean0987654321

March 7, 2021
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Country flag
Hello

This is the first time I've done this. It took quite a while to gather all the info in order to generate this file but this will certainly be the first time in a while WebEPG has a proper grabber for US. Thanks for the developers for the program which enables me to make this tho ;)

Just paste it over to C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\SlimTVCore\v3.0\WebEPG\grabbers\US and edit it to what channels you want it to pull with Notepad++ ;)

Attachments

• www_ontvtonight_com.xml
    1.4 KB · Views: 0

WedgeCan

Portal Member
July 26, 2006
Home Country
Canada Canada
Country flag
Is there a way to add an asterix (*) or maintain the "New" tag on the series name? For example, the TV show "Mom". It comes on every day in syndication (reruns) and there are also new episodes once per week on the same channel. Ultimately, I want some way so my timers only find new episodes.

Carrying on with my example, I see the #TITLE value is "Mom" and the #SUBTITLE value is "New". What I think I'd like is to modify #TITLE so it adds (concatenates) #SUBTITLE and/or some additional text, but only if #SUBTITLE = "New". In the end, #TITLE would become something like "Mom (New)" or "Mom *".

Jean0987654321

March 7, 2021
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Country flag
Is there a way to add an asterix (*) or maintain the "New" tag on the series name? For example, the TV show "Mom". It comes on every day in syndication (reruns) and there are also new episodes once per week on the same channel. Ultimately, I want some way so my timers only find new episodes.

Carrying on with my example, I see the #TITLE value is "Mom" and the #SUBTITLE value is "New". What I think I'd like is to modify #TITLE so it adds (concatenates) #SUBTITLE and/or some additional text, but only if #SUBTITLE = "New". In the end, #TITLE would become something like "Mom (New)" or "Mom *".
Not too sure if WebEPG can even do that. You're gonna have to check the WebEPG templates wiki for that

I know zap2xml/mc2xml can do that but that's about it really.

WedgeCan

Portal Member
July 26, 2006
Home Country
Canada Canada
Country flag
Jean,

I'm not sure WebEPG can do it either... I looked through all of the wiki templates and instructions. I saw the "modify" command, but it doesn't seem to be quite what I need.

FYI, I was using mc2xml but it stopped working for me a few days ago. I'm in Canada and zap2xml doesn't get the full channel listing.

Maybe I can get mc2xml or write a script to process the WebEPG output (as TVGuide.XML)... might make a nice COVID-lockdown project :unsure:

I do appreciate all the effort you went through to update the USTV grabber. I'll share my solution here if when I'm successful.

Take Care, WedgeCan

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Hello!!! I use a handy app called catchin' sync to roughly check the AV sync of audio/video on my HTPC/TV. It's not as accurate as a dedicated opto-electronic calibrator but it's more than adequate for this application and much better than trying to do things by eye (even when the lack of sync is massively obvious, subjective...
Hello!!! I use a handy app called catchin' sync to roughly check the AV sync of audio/video on my HTPC/TV. It's not as accurate as...
Hello!!! I use a handy app called catchin' sync to roughly check the AV sync of audio/video on my HTPC/TV. It's not as accurate as...
Replies
Views
Updated one of my MP installations (from 1.15) to 1.24 Final recently. It went perfectly smoothly, and fixed a few problems I had been having with video playback. Updated my plugins and Streamed MP skin, and not a single issue. Thank you for all your hard work.
Updated one of my MP installations (from 1.15) to 1.24 Final recently. It went perfectly smoothly, and fixed a few problems I had...
We have just released MediaPortal 1.24 Final Highlights of this release Bugfixes: [MP1-4969] - Fix typo in MyMusic DB Index...
Replies
Views
Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the next release. We allocate about one month for Pre Release testing. In that time we will only fix bugs, after which comes the final release! Highlights of this release Bugfixes: [MP1-4969] - Fix typo in...
Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
Replies
Views
OK, this is specifically for people in Belgium (Vlaanderen) who are using Telenet Cable with MediaPortal 2. Next year (Edit: this year, in march 2020) the Telenet provider will stop broadcasting Analog TV and Radio signals on their cable, and make the switch to Digital (DVB-C). The radio signals will disappear completely, so you'll...
OK, this is specifically for people in Belgium (Vlaanderen) who are using Telenet Cable with MediaPortal 2. Next year (Edit: this...
OK, this is specifically for people in Belgium (Vlaanderen) who are using Telenet Cable with MediaPortal 2. Next year (Edit: this...
Replies
Views
I am attaching my file that I use for grabbing my local stations in Palm Beach County Florida. It works but you have to save it in a separate folder in your main hard drive. I save it in the "Program Data" directory on my C drive and call it Team MediaPortal Grabber. The reason is that every time you upgrade the new install...
I am attaching my file that I use for grabbing my local stations in Palm Beach County Florida. It works but you have to save it in...
I am attaching my file that I use for grabbing my local stations in Palm Beach County Florida. It works but you have to save it in...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom