Website classed as Chatroom and blocked by proxy (1 Viewer)

mruane

Portal Pro
June 4, 2006
Wellington
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi

My company has started to clamp down on websites that are "chatrooms". Unfortunately, the proxy server cannot tell the difference between a "chatroom" and a "forum" and the Media Portal site is being identified as a "Chatroom". Is this a setting that you provide and if so, would it be possible to re-classify this site as a "Technical Forum" rather than a "Chatroom".

I guess other forum users will have this access problem eventually as companies tighten up on the sites their employee's are allowed to visit.

Cheers Mike

high

Administrator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 31, 2004
    Isselburg/NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sorry Mike, theres no such 'setting'. It depends on your company admins what they mark as blocked or what filters they use. Otherwise it wont make much sense when even ******* can mark itself as 'technical support page' ;)

mruane

Portal Pro
    June 4, 2006
    Wellington
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi high

Good point - never thought about that. Its interesting though, because I can still access other similar forum's (or is that forae?). Never mind, guess I really should have too much work to be accessing during the day anyway.

Appreciate the response.

Cheers Mike

James

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 6, 2005
    Switzerland
    Maybe its because the main site has a link to the IRC web client ?

At my work: I can access the main site and forums, but not the IRC web client.

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    google translate is usually good for this too, but doesn't work if you have to log in to anything.
    Just go to goolge and tell it to translate the page from german to english, then load the english forum. It won't translate anything and will give you the page as-is.

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    any system admin that is doing their job correct will have all the usual website that claim to bypass proxies blocked by default.

True, should have thought about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom