website rating? (1 Viewer)

December 28, 2005
Sydney
Home Country
What happen to the rating on the download section? I toke personal satisfaction that I had a 5 star rating from 27 odd votes. This keeps me going even though I get very little feed back ;)

high

Administrator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 31, 2004
    Isselburg/NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sorry, I flushed the log-table two days ago for testing and finally disabled the remository ratings now.

The short reason: The ratings cause massive table-scans (Handler_read_rnd_next reach 10G within 2 days) on the database. They are not stored seperatly but 'live' generated on every page access from a huge log-table. That may be fine for small pages but definately not for our.

To show the effects on the server load:
    (flushed on Wed. morning)

load.png

December 28, 2005
    Sydney
    Home Country
    If it is any consolation, I like your work!
    Thanks

Sorry, I flushed the log-table two days ago for testing and finally disabled the remository ratings now.

The short reason: The ratings cause massive table-scans (Handler_read_rnd_next reach 10G within 2 days) on the database. They are not stored seperatly but 'live' generated on every page access from a huge log-table. That may be fine for small pages but definately not for our.

To show the effects on the server load:
    (flushed on Wed. morning)

load.png

thanks too, was just looking for an answer and that will do fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Hi, First off: there are some issues with the latest Mediaportal (32bits vs 64bits), so that is one of the issues you're stumbling with. If you take the previous version (1.31) it should work as expected. For IPTV there is also a different option (with different pros and cons): Onlinevideos. I'm using that sometimes for my IPTV as...
    Hi, First off: there are some issues with the latest Mediaportal (32bits vs 64bits), so that is one of the issues you're stumbling...
    Hi I am trying to play a m3u file from my IPTV provider, but when I try to install the TV part of Media Portal v1.3.2 I get an...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 Odd Standby issue DE
    Since I played around with all the settings as per the previous posts and despite putting everything back to how it was, as far as I can tell, now when my HTPC wakes up to make a recording it no longer does so in away mode. I will probably do a restore from a backup in the hope that that will resolve the issue.:mad:
    Since I played around with all the settings as per the previous posts and despite putting everything back to how it was, as far as...
    Generally standby is working well on My Mp 1.32 x64 pre set up. I just have one issue, which was also present on earlier x86...
    Replies
    Views
    Prerequisites A Spotify account (free or premium) I've not tested with a free account, but according to spotify it should work. Spotify desktop app installed on same computer as you are going to use with MediaPortal Getting ready Create an app at spotify, use this link: Dashboard | Spotify for Developers, you have to login. Click...
    Prerequisites A Spotify account (free or premium) I've not tested with a free account, but according to spotify it should work...
    Prerequisites A Spotify account (free or premium) I've not tested with a free account, but according to spotify it should work...
    Replies
    Views
    I had the same feeling about MP1, nothing was working out of the box, it was full of hardcoded dependencies and bugs. That’s how I came to MP2 and I’m very happy with it ;)
    I had the same feeling about MP1, nothing was working out of the box, it was full of hardcoded dependencies and bugs. That’s how I...
    I've had Media Portal 1 installed on a dedicated desktop computer for at least 10 years now. Sometimes it's a little sluggish, but...
    Replies
    Views
    If the files are accessible on your network, which I guess they must be if PowerDVD can play them then you should be able to find them in MP2. See here for further info. Quote:- MP2 uses the concept of distributed media, but centralized information. This means that your media items can be anywhere - on your MP2 Server, on your MP2...
    If the files are accessible on your network, which I guess they must be if PowerDVD can play them then you should be able to find...
    I started experimenting with tuner cards and HTPC before Jack Valenti and his DRM-media Nazis ruined things with their HDCP and DRM...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom