h.264 Video Codec: ArcSoft
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: Comcast
    HTPC Case: Thermaltake DH101
    Cooling: 1x 120mm Antec 3-speed, 2x 60mm Rear Thermaltake
    Power Supply: Coolmaster 600W
    Remote: Logitech Xbox360 Universal Remote
    TV: Vizio 42" 1080p
    TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

Hello everyone! I'm hoping someone passing through might know how to fix my issue. I'm currently using the iMon VFD for receiving my IR commands and my HVR-1600 for blasting channel changing to my STB. Everything works fine, except when I select a channel in the guide for something that should be blasted to the STB. For instance, if I type in channel 664, it turns to 664 just fine. But, if I select 664 in the TV Guide, it turns to channel 64. Doesn't seem to matter which channel I tune to, it does this everytime. I can see the IR blaster sending what looks like 3 commands, but only the last 2 are being detected. I've just spent about an hour + jumping between channels, and it pretty much misses every time in the guide. Any suggestions of why the guide would be exhibiting this behavior, but changing channels directly with the remote doesn't? Also, the same thing happens if I use the miniguide. Thanks to anyone that can help out.

thesystemera

Portal Pro
    May 26, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I had exactly the same problem.. Using IRSS as I imagine you are and what I did to resolve was to get the system to send 3 digits instead of simple. This worked for me because Sky in NZ really only has mostly 2 digis, so for Discovery channel the system would send 070 and I would get 70... Also just to be double sure I would get the system to send the digit 3 times over with a good second and a half brake in it.... All the digits get send correctly the second and third time...

I'm pretty sure I know what the problem is... When the card is changing channels it briefly blocks any messages being send from Client to Server due to activity.. Think of it as a bottleneck.. I imagine 1.01 won't have this problem as they are using Channel Zapping or something which is meant to be much more smooth..

If the programmer of IRSS was to offer a delay IR Blast function we would also be able to resolve this easily enough.... Hopefully we will grab some ones attention, as this is a very big issue!!

thesystemera

Portal Pro
    May 26, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    BUMP BUMP BUMP... Hey chesh did you have any luck with this...

I have gone from 1.0 to the latest SVN of both IRSS 4TR and MP and still with no luck... I think both of us are being sobbed about this issue...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom