Weird features?? (1 Viewer)

Yucca

Portal Pro
August 12, 2006
Myrskylä
Home Country
Finland Finland
Hi,

I was thinkin to create this thread, cos I´ve seen few weird feature wishes. Of course I need to add, that I have one in mind... :)

Could somebody create me a simple copy plugin?
I have a plan to make backup recordings from DVB-T signal with MediaPortal. Then if I need one of those backup shows, I just go and select a recorded file and ask it to copy to another computer/network folder.
The recording folder and destination folder should be optional (chanse to choose folders at plugin configuration), of course.
There should be purge time for backup recordings also included in this feature.

Somebody else could have some other relevant use for it too...

Thanks guys and keep up the fantastic work...

Yucca

Portal Pro
August 12, 2006
Myrskylä
Home Country
Finland Finland
This almost sounds like it could be accomplished with the plugin called Multishortcut (check this thread I think it should still work, but may want to read the thread and check first). I am not totally certain as to exactly what you want to perform but if you could describe in an example then maybe it coul dbe worked out? The more info the better!

UUUH!!! I will check it out... Otherwise do U know if this "plugin" that I reqested is possible to do, simpply? I mean that cos it´s comeing to use so simple people that it needs to be very simple. And How do I arange that purge time for recorded clips, useing this exsisting one? I could give U moore details about the request if U need.

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    This almost sounds like it could be accomplished with the plugin called Multishortcut (check this thread I think it should still work, but may want to read the thread and check first). I am not totally certain as to exactly what you want to perform but if you could describe in an example then maybe it coul dbe worked out? The more info the better!

UUUH!!! I will check it out... Otherwise do U know if this "plugin" that I reqested is possible to do, simpply? I mean that cos it´s comeing to use so simple people that it needs to be very simple. And How do I arange that purge time for recorded clips, useing this exsisting one? I could give U moore details about the request if U need.

One thing that bothers me is that you say "simply" - There is no method currently which would allow what you want to occur simply. I believe it will take some automation which is not simple. I will look into this further and see if there is anyway I might be able to assist you with this.

Yucca

Portal Pro
    August 12, 2006
    Myrskylä
    Home Country
    Finland Finland

One thing that bothers me is that you say "simply" - There is no method currently which would allow what you want to occur simply. I believe it will take some automation which is not simple. I will look into this further and see if there is anyway I might be able to assist you with this.

Thanks for your help. My meaning with the word "simply" is rather a question that is there simple way to do this?

Hope to hear from U soon...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom