Portal Pro
September 18, 2009
Silesia
Home Country
Poland Poland
MediaPortal Version: 1.1.2.0
MediaPortal Skin: StreamedMP
Windows Version: XP
CPU Type: Intel Celeron D 336, 2800 MHz (21 x 133)
HDD: WDC WD5000AAKS-22A7B0 (465 GB)
Memory: 1024 MB
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-8IPE775-G
Video Card: Radeon X1650 Series
Video Card Driver: 6.14.10.6925 - ATI Catalyst 10.2
Sound Card: C-Media CMI8738/C3DX Audio Device PCI
MPEG2 Video Codec: FFDShow?
MPEG2 Audio Codec: Same
h.264 Video Codec: Same
HTPC Case: Thermaltake DH101 (VF7000BNS)
Remote: Elmak Maxter 2
TV: Samsung LE32C530
TV - HTPC Connection: VGA - DE-15F

Hi!
Recently I started to have problems with the MP. After the computer wakes up from standby, I get very big letters in the menu (not always but mainly). I have no idea what it could be. The words which include polish diacritical characters look normal but those without them appear weird. I thought reinstalling Windows would solve the problem but it didn't. I searched the whole forum but didn't find a solution to the trouble. Has anyone had the same issue? I'm counting on you, lads:)

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    33.8 KB

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Is this with MP already running, might be worthwhile using the setting to "restart MP after resume" and see if any different, sometimes the video driver has not fully loaded which could give some corruption.

chlodny

Portal Pro
    September 18, 2009
    Silesia
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    Ah, there's a problem with the Script Host on my PC. Strange. I checked the registry and it's enabled so I have no clue why it says the host is disabled. However, you gave me an idea. I'm going to use the startup delay option in the MP configuration. There's a possibility to make an e.g. 2 seconds delay on resume so there will be plenty of time to load the driver. I'm going to check it right now. If that's the video driver thing then my problem should be solved:) Thank you very much, mate!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom