Satelite/CableTV Provider: Boxer
HTPC Case: Zalman160
Cooling: Silverstone NT01 v2.0
Power Supply: Seasonic S12
Remote: MCE included in case
TV: Projector Benq 7800
TV - HTPC Connection: dvi - dvi

Hello

I just have to say, i love MP it works exactly how i want but with 1 exception.
Can't get the remote to act the way it should. Using the MCE remote/Ir Trans that came with my case. The problem presents itself like this.
When browsing up/down in a list (like the menu for example) the marker jumps 2 steps instead of 1, very annoying. Managed to fix this problem by changing IRTrans Port to 80 (default 21000) in MP-Setup. But now i can't use pause/stop/skip/back etcwhen watching a movie, only if i change the port back to 21000 it works again but then i get my old problem back.

I hope someone has a solution for me 'cause i'm lost!

/sumpan

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
Ah yes, sorry. For that receiver you have to edit something iirc. Do a search around on the wiki or here.

PediaMortal

Portal Member
November 10, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi Chaps,

I have the same problem with the M.Blast remote and M.Play VFD that came with my Zalman 135 case. It seems very sensitive and skips a couple of steps. There is a sensitivity settings in the setup utility but setting this to 1 seems to do nothing, any suggestions?

:D

kjellhugo

July 24, 2006
It's very weir indeed. I got the same problem with marker skipping a channel in lists (like guide or main menu) when moving up and down but it happened after I replaced my old Fujitsu Siemens with a new Acer Aspire - re-installed exactly the same MCE and MP and in both portals the same skipping occurs. Fire-DTV support nor Acer support have not been able to help me... Any suggestions?

kjellhugo

July 24, 2006
Me again. I was fooling around with my settings trying to find a solution when I just happened to notice that if I point the remote sideways then the marker jumps only one step at a time like it should. But if I direct it straight at the IR receiver it starts jumping two steps again! As this problem for me turned up when I changed computer I am very unprofessionally guessing that my new computer is more sensitive to the input from the remote via the IR receiver. Sumpan - try this and see if you get the same result. I get normal behavior when I point about 45 degreed sideways. Strange.

alteeffour

Portal Member
January 11, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
I have the same problem with my MCE remote. If I shut down MP and restart the remote will work for a minute or two the way it should, but that hardly seems like a solution.

SonOfAbaddon

April 10, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Same here, I user the IR-reciever, that came with my MCE2005 remote control. up,down,left and right are doublepressed, mute does nothing while pressed. all other functions seem normal, though.

alteeffour

Portal Member
January 11, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
I formatted my computer and reinstalled Meadia portal and I haven't had a problem since so I can't really say how you could fix this issue

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom