Ongoing Well its a htpc but wasnt planned (1 Viewer)

dodge89

January 16, 2007
I have been doing the xbox thing and decided to buy a new case i thought a htpc case looked pretty cool plus fit on my shelf aka desk. im running a 2.53 intel celeron over clocked to 2.89 1.5gb ddr sata 160gb hdd wintv card and control ati 256 video card and mad cooling fans my case is a nmedia older style with slide out cover on audio usb and card reader running stock audio off my pcchips p25g which is directly routed into my rtd206 5 disc dvd home theater system s video to my lil 27" tv but all in all i like it just learning it all really until i got my video card my tv card froze my pc so was unable to experment currently i have movies music emulators pics and more up and running i run he htpc in my office so to speak and ported it to my tv and home theater system in den only problem is the ir for remote is on such a short wire hat i will have to drill hole for remote sensor in other room unless anyone knows a way to extend the wire its a wintv go plus tuner i havent tried high def or anything fancy but will soon i hope

I'm derek by the way aka dorkfish for the xboxers on kai xlink sometimes im just dee ta dee anyways email me at dodge89 @ comcast . net
located in muskegon michigan usa

:D to all envolved in this project you rock

mcbelly

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 29, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Welcome to the show !

Btw : Try to use a puncuation mark now and then. It helps reading....;-)

quiller

Portal Pro
    November 28, 2006
    Nebraska
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Longest. Sentence. Ever.

dodge89 said:
    only problem is the ir for remote is on such a short wire hat i will have to drill hole for remote sensor in other room unless anyone knows a way to extend the wire
    You can pick up some cheap remote extenders off ebay, or pay an arm and a leg for them at RadioShack or similar. Look for pyramids: one as a receiver, another placed within line-of-sight of the original IR receiver. I don't know their exact range, but unless you live in a mansion, they should reach.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom